“Birthday Celebration”

Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Denton, Texas
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We drove up from Texas to celebrate granddaughter's birthday. Ww wanted good beds and clean, friendly place to stay. Breakfast was also important. We have found that we can count on Hampton Inn to provide us with all that and more. The location made it easy to get around to the various places we had on our agenda. We knew our destinations were more on the east side, so this was perfect. When we called almost two weeks ahead the hotel was full,(sporting tournament of some sort) but they were able to get us a room. I did get larger room so I could have refrigerator and microwave. Service above the norm! Hotel is new, clean and very nice.

Room Tip: book early if you can
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Martiece C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wichita-Northeast, responded to this review, 21 November 2015
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I'm happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and our staff was accommodating. Please stay with us again upon your next trip to our great city. Thank you.
Martiece Cook General Manager 316-636-5594 martiece.cook@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Easy check-in / check-out. Good selection for breakfast. Bed was comfortable. Room and bath were both clean. The shower was almost instantly hot; no fiddling with oddball faucet. Wi-fi was a bit on the slow side. Definitely worth another stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lovelady, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My hubby and I had a funeral to attend and since this wasn't a planned vacation that we could book far in advance, we shopped around for the best "package" deal and ended up choosing Expedia to book our flight, hotel and rental car. Bad idea. We got to the Hotel and I asked about whether the room had a tub, and they said no, and but there might be one available the next night. When they saw that I hadn't booked DIRECTLY, they said they couldn't make any changes whatsoever and that I'd have to cancel my reservations and re-book directly if I wanted to change rooms. Like I really had the time to do that, when I had more than enough to keep me busy as it was. So, I just dealt with not having a tub. There were kids everywhere, (including laying all over the floor in front of the elevator the first night and hollering at 10:30 PM!!!) running up and down the halls the first night and puddles of water everywhere from the kids being in the pool and running all over the hotel leaving puddles. We were right next to the "A/C Unit" area which was very noisy. The room itself was pretty clean and when I asked for extra towels from the maid, she made sure we had plenty of them and plenty of complimentary toiletries. So that part I was definitely pleased with. When we checked out, I asked for a receipt and they said, sorry, since you booked through Expedia we can't give you one. Really? So, lesson learned. If you want to be punished for trying to save money, don't book directly and you'll definitely not get the treatment you would've gotten if you'd booked directly.

Room Tip: Book directly and don't get a room next to the A/C unit
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GrayWolf85
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have an issue free stay. We will use your feedback in order to provide a better guest experience in the future. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent guest service. Please contact me personally if I can be of further assistance. Thank you.
Martiece Cook General Manager 316-636-5594 Martiece.cook@hilton.com
Dixon, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here in the heat of the summer. Room was very coImfortable temp wise and clean as a whistle! I am of short stature and I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to "jump up" into bed, so many mattresses are so thick I have issues getting into bed. The bed was extremely comfortable! Not having a refrigerator was my only disappointment but that wouldn't stop me from staying in this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank catstheword
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Located just south of the 96 bypass, this location is very easy to get to. Shares a large lot with a couople of retail chains, and a nice new sportsman store.
Within minutes of many varieties of dining choices. Lots of local shopping and businesses nearby.
Close to a smaller airport and aircraft companies. Plenty of parking on sight.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Woodywants2ride
Portales, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on May 16-17, 2014. The hotel was kept up very nicely and the room was spotless...very good and thorough job done by the housekeeping staff. The only down I saw for this hotel was that the owners have elected not to install mini-fridges and microwaves in the rooms, which is very inconvenient. To the staff's credit on the night I stayed though, they allowed me to place my food in the staff refrigerator and heat it up in the kitchen microwave when I was ready for a midnight meal. Kudos to the staff, everyone I met was extremely friendly, accommodating, and eager to make my stay the best possible. For this class hotel, this one is very nice and I would definitely recommend it to other travelers if they are in the Wichita area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend while in town visiting family in Wichita. We were very impressed with how clean and modern the hotel was, and it was in a great, 'newer' part of town.

We had a 'king suite' room with king bed and pull out sofa bed. We loved this room because as you walk in to the 'foyer', on the left we had a mini bar, complete with sink, refrigerator, and microwave. Was great to keep our cooler on there and put our leftovers in after dining out. Microwave made it easy to heat up said leftovers! I don't believe the standard double rooms offer this, so make sure if you want these things, to verify your room options.

The room was very spacious, clean and had a great bathroom. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water for the shower.

The hotel has a very nice and spacious breakfast area with a nice assortment of food. One morning they had eggs, sausage, and french toast sticks. The next morning they had eggs, canadian bacon and potatoes. They have a waffle maker too, but one morning they ran out of batter and it took forever to get more out there backing things up. Great selection of cereals, juices, coffee, oatmeal as well.

They offer an indoor pool which is in a pretty tight space with not a lot of seating. Pool fills up quickly with just a couple families swimming in it. The room the pool is in could double as a sauna as it was incredibly steamy in there. We had to prop the door open to let some cooler air in (July in Wichita and let some cooler air in.. yes). But the kids had fun, so that's all that mattered. Decent fitness room right next to the pool.

Front desk staff was great, the girls working the breakfast area where friendly and helpful and tried to restock things as quickly as possible. We had to go down to front desk to get some sheets for the pullout and get them very quickly for us.

The hotel shares a parking lot with Cabelas, Hobby Lobby, Target, Chilis, with many other things nearby, (liquor store and other restaurants across the street), and it's right off of 96.

All in all, it was a great hotel with lots of amenities, for the price (under $100). If ever in Wichita again, I will book here.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge and microwave, get a king suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family