“Small but a gem!”

Ranked #46 of 1,065 Restaurants in Wichita
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Healthy, Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Lotus Leaf Cafe is committed to preparing your meals with fresh, wholesome foods that are safe to eat. We care about the health and well-being of our customers, as well as our environment. We provide food and nutrition that support a healthy lifestyle, food allergies and a more sustainable way to live. All our food is proudly handmade in house using natural and organic, non GMO ingredients, hormone and antibiotic free poultry and sustainable fish. We feature healthy meals free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, preservatives and hydrogenated fats. We are continuously improving our efforts to reduce our footprint by using less plastic, greener products and recycling.
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Reviews were good so we found it close to Friends University where we were attending a conference. Service was excellent, food came quickly and was excellent. It is different - decor and even menu but would go back tomorrow if we could! Healthy eating choices.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

The Lotus Leaf is a great vegetarian option with a cool indie vibe. The options available are delicious and the servers are always nice. However, it is a little limited in size an menu, which is the only thing keeping it from five stars.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We needed a change. We have been on the road for a week and were burnt out on fast food and "American" meals. When we found Lotus Leaf Cafe, known for their crepes, soup and salad we were in Narvina. New tastes rained down on our taste buds: Soup made from black beans, quinoa and chipote; the "Tarragon Chicken" & "Italian" Crepes (see photo) supported by a great mixed salad - Yes! All were thumbs up + great attentive service. Hey all of this in the middle of Kansas? What would Dorothy say to Toto? Strongly Recommended 4.5 Stars

Reviewed 22 August 2012

OK I was surprised. I had told my wife before my business trip that there was not a good vegetarian restaurant in Wichita, KS. I would say I am now eating crow, but that would not be considered a vegetarian diet.
Anyway, I stumbled upon Lotus Leaf and found it to be one of my best vegetarian meals of the year and that includes travel to Barcelona (some great vegetarian meals) and NYC.
I started with the rubbed kale salad and it was great, It was explained to me that kale should be rubbed with oils, slats or spices to break down the fibers. The kale was great and the kale was tender.
The entree was a black bean and quinoa burger on whole wheat. This was crispy and awesome. All of the greens were very fresh and flavorful.
I eat dinner out a lot for work and was very excited about finding Lotus Leaf Cafe. I could sense the care and interest by the owner in making great food.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This place is located in historic Delano District, among other older buildings with a story. This eatery offers a different taste to the average, mundane dishes you mostly find among common chains. Mostly everything on the menu is vegan, but you would not notice. It is so tasty, delicious and healthy. The atmoshere is cozy and quaint with an open kitchen. It is a favorite among the neighborhood and fills up quickly for lunch. Get there because there is limited seating!