“GREAT SEAFOOD, SPLENDID AMBIENCE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newport Grill

Newport Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Newport Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,033 Restaurants in Wichita
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Bradley Fair Parkway
Wichita, Kansas
“GREAT SEAFOOD, SPLENDID AMBIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I went out for date night on a Saturday evening. My husband ordered wine and I ordered a cosmo. He loved the wine selection and I loved the way they mixed the Cosmo. He ordered ceviche for an appetizer and it was delicious. Very nicely flavored, fresh and tasty! The service is impeccable and the food was delicious. They have a wide variety of fresh oysters. But the best thing about this restaurant is the view. It sits on a small pond and the view is amazing.

• Visited August 2013

NEW WINDSOR
“A rare find of excellent seafood in the middle of the prarie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were a bit worried about a seafood restaurant in beef country, but being one of the top rated restaurants in the city we decided to dine at the Newport Grill. My wife is not a huge seafood fan so she tried a more traditional local dish. She seemed to enjoy it, but loved the dessert best. I ordered the Hawaiian Escord fish. I firm fish but not flaky at all. It was cooked to perfection. I would venture to say the best part of the meal was the grill asparagus. OMG it was wonderful We were treated to a window side booth overlooking the small lake behind the shopping center. A lovely sunset added to the experience. The is a new manager her only been assigned a few weeks and he has made a difference. The service was WONDERFUL. Very attentive and friendly. Dinner for 2 with my glass of SMS (neat) was $92. A bit steep for the middle of the USA, but then I am sure the cost of bringing in the fish adds to the cost. I would love to try the Newport Grill again, but my wife wants some local beef; guess who will win.

• Visited October 2013
Big Lake, Minnesota
“Great Dinner, Better Cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Enjoyed a birthday dinner with some colleagues at the Newport Grill. The Newport Grill features some great cocktail options using house made infused vodkas. I tried the Black & Blue Martini and the Manhattan Beach which were both delicious. The menu has lots of simple great fresh fish options but a variety of other steak and pasta selctions too. We tried two appetizers, the Beef Rumaki and the Rock Shrimp Cigars which both delicious although the portions are better for one than for sharing. All our meals were well prepared and served competently by the staff. Other pluses include a nice wine list and comfortable ambiance. This is a great special occasion restaurant or to quell your seafood craving. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Isabel, Ks
“Best brunch in Wichita!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Went there one Sunday in October for Brunch everything i tried was excellent. The Salmon is amazing.

Visited September 2013
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Good food but lousy mashed potatoes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Went there for a business function for about 30 people. We were in the private room (which was all glass so not very private in my mind) the tables were very elegant but not a lot of elbow room to stand and mingle. There was a small wine bar in the room and cocktails were brought quickly when ordered with any server. The appetizers were tricky to manage while standing with a drink in hand. The beef and shrimp skewers were tasty, but too long. In order to get to the last few pieces the choices were to stab yourself in the back of the throat or use your fingers and pull them off. The shrimp ceviche shooters were delicious but the shooter concept doesn't work. Too many small pieces to choke on if you slammed it back like you would a shot. Fortunately the server brought little forks that got the job done. There was some type of egg roll which was perfect, tasty, bite size finger food that didn't leave your fingers greasy.

For dinner we had an abbreviated menu selection to choose from, I went for the steak since that is the speciality of the house. It came with salad, mashed potatoes and green beans. The steak was smothered with some kind of sauce, wish I would have realized it when I ordered it; would have asked them to put it on the side it was a bit much for me. The green beans were fresh and well seasoned but the mashed potatoes were a huge disappointment. They tasted like instant mashed out of a box, ate about two bites and didn't bother with the rest. I saved my calories for later. After dinner consisted of a delicious piece of chocolate cake with a side of Baileys. So much for saving calories ;)

The service was very good, the decor was nice, but the overall food I would say was average.

Visited July 2013

Been to Newport Grill? Share your experiences!