“Nice place-but I wonder about fish selection” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newport Grill

Newport Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Newport Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,033 Restaurants in Wichita
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Bradley Fair Parkway
Wichita, Kansas
“Nice place-but I wonder about fish selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went here on a Wednesday Night and we really enjoyed the outdoor seating. Service was outstanding. I came here for fish and "fresh catch" was cod, halibut, salmon and trout.
In my opinion not very imaginative but at least talapia was not on the fresh catch list.
Thursday Morning I get my e-mail from The Seafood Shop and their fresh fish includes; Red Snapper, Grouper, Opah and three varieties of Salmon. Now, that is a good selection. My point is if you are going to be a high end seafood restaurant you better have a decent selection.
That being said, this restaurant is very enjoyable and we will go back

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beachkid_8

Wichita, Kansas
“Quite pricey, but best restaurant in Wichita!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

In my judgment, this is the best restaurant in Wichita. If you like seafood, this is the place to go. Everything is flown in fresh daily, and is prepared to perfection. The calimari is to die for. And the mahi mahi and halibut are truly outstanding. The service is impeccable and guests are always treated in a first class manner. Although I usually prefer to dine inside, I have sat outside here with a wonderful view of the lake and have very much enjoyed the experience. Now as you might expect, you will pay for this level of quality. But if you are celebrating a special occasion, looking to treat yourself, (or, better yet, are on an expense account travel), this is a can't miss destination.

• Visited April 2014
Leon, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Sunday buffet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My sister had taken me here for Mt birthday a few months back and we loved it. We decided to try it again yesterday. We were wonderfully surprised to find a Sunday buffet. They had your typical bacon/sausage, eggs, and waffles...but they also had a carving station, salmon with herbs, a steak hash, and not to forget the plentiful, delicious dessert bar! Will definitely be returning for the buffet again!

1 Thank Holly F
Omaha, Nebraska
“Glad we tried it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were visiting friends in Wichita and decided to try this restaurant because it was near our hotel and we were really happy we did! The service was beyond good and the food was even better!! I'd say it was moderate priced...lunch was reasonable and the seafood was fantastic!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sue4605
Garden City
“Best in the Midwest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Fresh seafood is a challenge to find when your 400 miles west of Kansas City and 400 miles east of Denver. The Newpoet Griil in Wichita, Kansas fills the bill.
A variety of fresh oysters, lobster, trout, and a selection of other entries are cooked to perfection, served in Beautiful restaurant by waiters and waitresses that are very knowledgeable of the
menue. A little on the pricy side but worth it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Newport Grill? Share your experiences!