“Fine upscale dining”
Review of Newport Grill

Newport Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Newport Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,073 Restaurants in Wichita
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Bradley Fair Parkway
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Unusual and tasty menu choices, good service, interesting drinks and a very attractive setting. Also did the Sunday Brunch on Father's Day and was very impressed with the quality and variety. Has an outdoor patio on the lake. Can't ask for much better.

Noah R, Manager at Newport Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you so much for the high compliments! We strive every day to ensure our guests have a delicious meal and a wonderful time at our restaurant, so it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went here on a Wednesday Night and we really enjoyed the outdoor seating. Service was outstanding. I came here for fish and "fresh catch" was cod, halibut, salmon and trout.
In my opinion not very imaginative but at least talapia was not on the fresh catch list.
Thursday Morning I get my e-mail from The Seafood Shop and their fresh fish includes; Red Snapper, Grouper, Opah and three varieties of Salmon. Now, that is a good selection. My point is if you are going to be a high end seafood restaurant you better have a decent selection.
That being said, this restaurant is very enjoyable and we will go back

1  Thank Beachkid_8
Reviewed 1 June 2014

In my judgment, this is the best restaurant in Wichita. If you like seafood, this is the place to go. Everything is flown in fresh daily, and is prepared to perfection. The calimari is to die for. And the mahi mahi and halibut are truly outstanding. The service is impeccable and guests are always treated in a first class manner. Although I usually prefer to dine inside, I have sat outside here with a wonderful view of the lake and have very much enjoyed the experience. Now as you might expect, you will pay for this level of quality. But if you are celebrating a special occasion, looking to treat yourself, (or, better yet, are on an expense account travel), this is a can't miss destination.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My sister had taken me here for Mt birthday a few months back and we loved it. We decided to try it again yesterday. We were wonderfully surprised to find a Sunday buffet. They had your typical bacon/sausage, eggs, and waffles...but they also had a carving station, salmon with herbs, a steak hash, and not to forget the plentiful, delicious dessert bar! Will definitely be returning for the buffet again!

1  Thank Holly F
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were visiting friends in Wichita and decided to try this restaurant because it was near our hotel and we were really happy we did! The service was beyond good and the food was even better!! I'd say it was moderate priced...lunch was reasonable and the seafood was fantastic!

1  Thank Sue4605