“Great Downtown Hotel!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown
Ranked #19 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at this Fairfield because of the convenience for our travel plans. But it turned it to be wonderfully located in the downtown area. The room, we had what I assume was a suite, was wonderful! I like all Marriott's and stay in one or the other whenever I can. But this really changed my opinion on a Fairfield. It not only had the two beds, we always have, but a sitting area, desk, two televisions, and just lots of space for a Fairfield or comparable hotel. Very, very nice. Great walking distance to many restaurants from fast food to bars to very nice restaurants. And the location could not be easier off and on the freeway.

Room Tip: The parking is in a parking garage which would be typical for a downtown hotel. It was not a proble...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lk1915

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our hockey team stayed here for a tournament and they were very accommodating. Comfortable and clean, nice breakfast, and great for the 9-10 year olds to have a space to gather. Would drfinitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Simply put, this is an amazing hotel for any hotel, but as Fairfield Inn's go, this must be one of the best!!!

Customer service was stellar. The room was excellent. The courtyard was so pleasant i wish I had more time to relax in the sun here. Like others have said, parking here is a little bit of extra work...but really if you unload at the front then park your o.k. I don't know why but when it was time to leave I carried my stuff to garage rather than pull up the car and load it by the front door. I wouldn't do that again. The parking situation is a small price to pay for the comfort/reasonable rate.

Old Town/historical area is about a mile or so away...5 minute drive in no traffic. $8-10 cab ride is what I was told.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank troy mcclure
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel while attending a concert at the Intrust Arena. Was within walking distance to the arena. Then was also able to walk to local bars. Everything was very comfortable and clean. Will definitely stay here again. Check out time wasn't till noon so had plenty of time to relax before heading out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferW764
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed 5 nights. Liked the fact that there was plenty of free parking, and that it was extremely central so basically you can be anywhere in Wichita from 2 - 20 minutes. It was a short drive to the nice College Hill area and very close to Old Town. Couldn't really walk anywhere from there except for parts of the immediate downtown, so you basically need a car. Reception was friendly and helpful, breakfast very extensive with friendly service. The room was spotless, was of a decent size, and the bathroom was clean with good water pressure and nice piping hot water. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KincsZoltan
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days recently on a trip to see my brother play baseball (he plays for WSU). The hotel is in a great location! Very central to everything. The hotel has a very updated and modern feel. The room was HUGE! We lucked out and got a corner room, which was a very nice surprise. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Another plus, was the free breakfast, which included waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurts, danishes, bagels....very nice variety. The hotel also had a bar/patio lounge which was a nice; we were able to grab a drink and relax by the fire. Overall, our experience at the Fairfield Inn was excellent, and we will definitely be staying here next time we are in town. GO SHOCKS!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My fiancée and I recently spent a night here and bad impression right off the bat when the front desk guy tells another guy (maybe a shuttle driver) that a "old lady" needs a ride over to another hotel. Not really professional.

When we got to our room, it was a big room on one of the south corners of the place and the strong winds made the room creak all night. Loudly. I know that mid range motels are not always going to have the best in noise reduction, but it's Kansas and you know the wind is going to blow and blow hard at times. It was so tough to sleep for something that shouldn't be an issue to begin with. Hotel staff can deal with people that are too loud, but there's no excuse for the room to be so loud and creaky structurally.

Would be hard to stay here again unless I knew the structure was updated to cancel out some of the creaminess.

Room Tip: Beware south facing rooms if it's windy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R W
Amy M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Good afternoon RW,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor ratings and for sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the service deficiency you experienced as well as the uncomfortable wind during your stay. Wichita certainly has seen some chart topping winds this year! I can assure you, the 30-35 mile an hour winds are certainly not the norm, nevertheless, our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

If indeed your travels bring you back to Wichita, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may ensure a room location that will be more comfortable for you. Safe travels always, Amy