“Good Long Term”

Ranked #41 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
sub vet
“Good Long Term”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well Appointed and friendly service. I will return when I have business in Wichita. Well Appointed and friendly service. I will return when I have business in Wichita. Well Appointed and friendly service. I will return when I have business in Wichita.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Christi W, General Manager at Courtyard Wichita East, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear funk644b,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during yourstay with us! Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay. I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Wichita. Happy travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Good property, nice rooms and a great staff. The sign to tell you to turn IN for that property could be better lit or bigger. The room was clean and quiet. The Lobby bar/rest closes early (seems to be a new trend among hotels these days ) so if your arrival is later, you might want to eat before you arrive. The a/c can be placed on constant fan for added white noise if needed. A good stay, I'd recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Christi W, General Manager at Courtyard Wichita East, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Albyfli,
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit to Wichita! I'm sorry our Bistro was closed when you arrived but am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The rest of the team will be thrilled to hear this as well. We loo forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area. Happy travels!
Pasco, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My family and I stayed two nights at this facility and found the staff very friendly and competent host. The hotel itself was clean, as was our room. With a party of four adults and less than one year old twins the room was comfortable. The housekeepers came by later in the afternoon and tidied up our room each day. We visited the Bistro late and was greeted with respect and friendliness. I would most definitely recommend staying here if you want friendly service, clean rooms and reasonable rates.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie K, Manager at Courtyard Wichita East, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Launie K, Thank you so much for the positive feedback. . We are so glad your enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you back the next time you are in Kansas.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was my first stay at the east Courtyard by Marriott in Wichita Kansas but it won't be my last. The customer service, housekeeping and management of the hotel came together in a perfect picture of customer comfort and helped make my Christmas through New Year's stay a memorable one. From my first experience checking in when Maryanne took care of me courteously, efficiently and with earnest good will also making certain there was a bar refrigerator in my room because I was staying such a long time. House keeping kept my room in clean comfortable condition seeing to my needs up through a minor glitch of coffee not replenished in my room after which Jenna, the Executive Housekeeper, left a note of apology in my room and apologized again when I saw her near the front desk. The General Manager, John Harding has good reason to be proud of his staff and the obvious pride they all take in their hotel. I will see them again during my next stay in Wichita.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear HurricaneSandy, Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect your expierence at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and I will gladly share them with the staff here. We hope to see you back the next time you are in town.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Even though I had the stomach flu my first night there, I found this hotel very very nice! The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! The girl working in the Bistro was so very nice and pleasant. She and the front desk helped me a lot with directions to where I was going. You helped turn what could have been a horrible, cold, flu filled weekend into an almost pleasant experience!!! Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013
John_2013468, General Manager at Courtyard Wichita East, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank You very much for your comments regarding your stay with us! We hope you visit us again on your next trip to Wichita!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

we stayed over for business and picked this hotel. Hotel is fine, with decent rooms and free internet. We loved the breakfast and service.

the hotel is close to some good restaurants so easy at night, it will however not bring a long-lasting memory as it is one of many

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
John_2013468, General Manager at Courtyard Wichita East, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Thank You for responding to Tripadvisor about your your experience with us! Traveling so much during the year I know can create a blur of experiences at hotels - I am so glad you liked our Service and the Breakfast! Our team hopes to see you again if your visit Wichita! Thank You again for your response!!
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

As another Trip Advisor has recently noted, this is quite "mediocre". The property was close to my latest client but that is the best I can say thus far. And, this may become a very long term project for me. Oy! :-\ The experience is no more that what one would expect of a franchised Marriott property. The rooms are simply adequate but not noteworthy and the staff seems indifferent, like they are just phoning it in for their guests. I've found comparable at Super 8 and even Motel 6 properties over the years. (At least this is better than my college dorm room, unlike the Overland Park Springhill Suites.) The open areas (lobby, hallways, lounge, fitness room, etc.) have been recently updated and are tastefully done but the rooms are rather lacking. Of note, the bed seems to be little more than a foam pad over a sheet of plywood. (I've had better nights' sleep on the Appalachian Trail on the ground in a tent.) I had even dared hoped that the few ants I found crawling around the desk and window in my room on the third floor would share the nightly rate with me. Unfortunately, they don't have credit cards. TownePlace next week perhaps?

Room Tip: Bring a can of ant spray. Really.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
John_2013468, General Manager at Courtyard Wichita East, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Hello, and Thank You for taking the time to relay your thoughts regarding your experience at our property. We take comments such as yours very seriously, and I am sorry you encountered the issues that you mention. I have to say in response to the room issues noted that we are marked for a renovation in 2014, and until that time we strive to keep our hotel spotless nevertheless. I am glad you noticed the renovation in our public areas, and once the rooms are completed I think they will compliment the public area perfectly!
I have spoken to the front desk in regards to the indifference you experienced and again I want to apologize for the impression you received. We strive to make our guest's experience problem- free and promote a service-minded atmosphere - I hope that on your next visit you might give us another chance - we would like the opportunity to give you the kind of stay you definitely deserve!