“Not terrible but not impressive”

Hilton Garden Inn Wichita
Ranked #12 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Tried to check-in 30 minutes after posted check-in time, was turned away because the room wasnt ready. Had to come back 20 minutes later to get checked in. Hot tub in the hotel was out of order for who knows how long, with caution tape surrounding it like it was a crime scene. The best nights sleep beds were harder than a rock and absolutely terrible. Best part about the whole hotel was the breakfast. Staff was very polite and helpful and seated us and took great care of us.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden I... W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wichita, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Hi Trenton K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible and unfortunately it appears that we did not exceed your expectations.

I apologize for the issues you experienced while a guest with us. We have reviewed our cleaning and inspection routines to understand the system breakdown that resulted in your guest room not being ready for your arrival. Our maintenance review of the Garden Sleep System bed confirms the components are operational., however, we missed the opportunity to review functionality with you.

The spa is now operational. We had recently replaced the heater for the spa with the expecation of enhancing our guest experience in the pool and spa. We were equally dissapointed to experience mechanical issues with the heater so soon after installation.

Our goal is to exceed our guest expecations and we make this our daily effort. We would like to "make it up" to you that you were dissapointed while our guest. I invite you to contact me to find an agreeable solution for you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I hope to hear from you soon.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Over all the hotel was great. The room I happened to be in had a fantastic view of the lake behind the hotel. Really nice. My room did have a noise problem that seemed like it was coming from under my room. Also a loud vibration. It was intermittent so I figured it was the air or heat. It was very distracting when sitting at the desk and I had to turn the tv up when I was watching it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Hi Melinda B,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a Trip Advisor review. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible. All of us are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us while you were visiting Wichita.

I have reviewed your comments with our maintenance department regarding the noticeable vibration in your guest room. This was a result of repairs to our boiler system and the refilling of our system. I apologize for the disturbance of the vibration as we upgrade our boiler system ensuring our guest have more than adequate supplies of hot water.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Wichita and I invite you to stop by and say hello.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed here on a business trip and I was pleased that the staff was polite and helped me to check in quickly after experiencing a horrible flight. I enjoyed dinner in the restaurant the first night. The staff in the restaurant weren't as helpful as I would have liked. They literally stared at me when I walked in and I had to seat myself. The food was good though. The next morning I went down to enjoy the breakfast buffet and found there was only pork options for meat, I don't eat pork. So I was a bit disappointed but enjoyed a veggie omelet and waffle. I also worked out in the fitness center which was enjoyable. Before leaving for my meeting I printed some documents in the business center without any problems. Upon my return to the hotel I enjoyed a dessert in the room. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

TRIPADVISOR
REVIEW REPORT
DATE: 4/26/2013

Hilton Garden Inn Wichita

Rating Review Date Respond

Hotel stay
4/25/2013

Not terrible but not impressive
4/25/2013

Hi Dashadiya B,

Thank you for providing your feedback with a Trip Advisor posting. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible. I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff provided a warm welcome for a long day of travel.

I apologize that our evening restaurant staff did not display the same enthusiasm when you dined in our restaurant. We have recently completed a renovation and updated our restaurant and lounge menus....room service, too! Your feedback is timely as we are implementing new menu and training guidelines.

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I expected more from a Hilton Garden Inn. The property was inviting and clean. However, the amenities were lacking. The room came with a king bed, refrigerator and microwave and free wi-fi. When asked, I got a checkout extension for me for 30 minutes (wahoo!!!)

I expected more from a Hilton property.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Hilton Garden I... W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wichita, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review. Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible. I apologize your experience was not to your satisfaction. In particular, it seems late check out was a critical item for you.

While we make every effort to accommodate our guest requests occupancy levels of the hotel can limit our flexibility in extending late check outs. Unfortunately, this occurred on your check out day and the high occupancy combined with a large number of check outs limited our time in preparing the hotel for the day.

We do understand that it can be frustrating and hope you will consider us again for future visits to Wichita. We're excited about having our renovations complete, new restaurant and lounge Menu's and our expanded HD television line up.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Any time you are in Wichita I would recomend this property. Every staff member from the GM Matt Dolan to the desk to housekeeping to the restaurant servers were friendly and helpful. We were there for a funeral and they were awesome in making our trip easier for myself and my family. They Rock. Thanks so much for everything.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Hi Vicki W,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your your stay with us.

We hope to see you again on any future visits to Wichita!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

The hotel was very clean, and the foyer was spacious and well appointed. The furnishings and common areas were efficient and tasteful. Elevators were prompt and clean. Service was perfect and cheerful.

Room Tip: My room was described as "riverview" and it had a wonderful view of river.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The staff at this Hilton is very friendly and helpful. The view of the little lake is very pretty and relaxing as well. It is conveniently located near a wonderful little shopping area and good restaurants. If you get the breakfast added when you book the room it is a great value. The food is fresh and there is a big variety you can choose from, cold/hot cereals, fruits, or warm meals.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Hi 63Liz,

Thank you for your very nice comments about The Hilton Garden Inn - Wichita. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again for future visits.

Our goal is to make each guest stay the best possible and we'll make every effort to make your future stays equally as comfortable.

Thanks and have great day!