“Very clean!!”

Ranked #61 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
New Braunfels, Texas
“Very clean!!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel. I would highly recommend it because the prices are reasonable and the hotel is very clean and well maintained. The area that the hotel is in seems to be safe as well. I would definitely recommend people to consider staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank tricarte
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Super 8 Wichita North, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for the kind words! We do offer a very good value in the Wichita area, and we have an outstanding housekeeping staff that does a great job. We continue to upgrade, and have several rooms with new beds and bedding, as well as getting new HVAC for the lobby, and we are getting a new roof and paint on the exterior walls in the next month. A pleasant guest stay at a great price is what we are striving for....please recommend us whenever you can. Thanks!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Well ... the outside is awesome.. for one night it is cool. But my room smells like bug spray. We have 4 rooms. One was not too clean. The carpets need upgrading. The bed comfortable.. breakfast.. I dont know cause I write this before I sleep.. it is pretty clean . I may stay again if I pass through. I travel so much that I am sure my travels will bring me back..
We that could be the heat smelling like bug spray. Who knows good night...

• Stayed March 2014
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Super 8 Wichita North, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your input. We have a company that comes out once a month that provides our pest control, but all of their chemicals are odorless. I'm not sure what you were smelling? We also have an excellent housekeeping staff with very few complaints, so I'm not sure what your issues were with one room not being clean? We get continuous compliments on our beds and our breakfast, and also our great value for the price. Thanks again and we hope to see you again.
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped here with our 2 dogs on 3/18/14. The staff was friendly overall, even though the lady at check out was a bit bitter. The heater/ac unit made the room smell odd, but it wasn't overbearing. The bed was confortable and shower was hot. Exactly what we needed for the night, but probably wouldn't have stayed more than that.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We are a pet friendly hotel, with a very minimal charge. I'm not sure what made the AC smell odd, as we do routine cleaning and maintenance on the units. I'm glad you liked the bed and shower. I hope you come back and try us again. thanks!!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We arrived for a family funeral and a lot us car pooled or flew in. Check in was easy with plenty of parking. The Inn has an attractive lobby with a clean and comfortable breakfast room near. Also down the hall is a simple workout room, also clean and accommodating. We had four rooms, 3 with 2 queens and 1 with 3 queens and was a quite large room for gathering. The rooms are basic hotel but were very clean and comfortable. I found the beds very comfortable. There is a larger table in the rooms that could hold a lot of items along with my laptop. There was a MW, coffee and refrigerator in the rooms. The Wifi worked very well. Breakfast was OK with several options. The staff were very friendly, helpful and did a good job for our group. The Inn is in easy walking distance to shopping, dinning and auto service. Very short drives had even options for shopping and dinning, a very convenient location. Getting into and around Wichita was also very easy from their location. This was a great place to stay and convenient. Oh, almost forgot, it didn't break the bank either

Room Tip: For a group the rooms with the 3 queen beds are very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GreggBR549
Thank you for your positive review. Everything you mentioned is exactly what we're striving for....good price, clean rooms, good breakfast, nice helpful front desk staff, convenient to so many things. thanks and we hope to see you again..!
New Hope, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Everything about the room was dated and cheap. But for the price it was well worth it. Safe and easily accessible, quiet and the best price in town. Staff was very friendly and best of all: I forgot an item in the room and they're shipping it back for me...very courteous and helpful. I will definitely go back. One drawback... the internet was out. Bummer:(

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
We do have a great staff, great prices, quiet and accessible. We have new beds in every room...and although some of the items might be dated, I wouldn't call them cheap. We are continually updating our rooms whenever and wherever we can. We have a very good internet service....so if the internet was out, it was because of an outside issue out of our control, which if that happens, it is usually only down for at most an hour or two. Thank you and we hope to see you back again.
Wichita, KS
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I booked this room using Priceline so I can't say it was my choice. The main areas were kept clean, and the rooms were clean for the most part. The front desk staff were also pleasant. The main issue I had were the guest rooms; although clean (mostly), they were/are very outdated. The beds were horrible, I felt like I was sleeping on a twenty year old mattress. I sank right into springs, giving me back pain.....I never get back pain. One expectation about any hotel stay is that the beds will be comfortable. You can tell these beds are old, and it is probably time for an update. Also, I didn't even sleep under the covers or sheets as there were what appeared to be old blood drops on the sheets. Good thing I had a blanket with me in case it got too cold. I got in late, so I just tried to sleep the best way I could.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Super 8 Wichita North, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for your review, and I'm sorry about the issues you had during your stay. We are in the process of updating all of our older beds, and should be completed by Feb. 2014. Please come again and be sure to request a room with a newer bed. We normally get very high marks for our housekeeping staff, and they have been made aware of this issue and we will monitor it in the future.
We get many positive comments about our breakfast, accommodating front desk staff, and the quality for the price. We hope you will come back and try us again when in Wichita. thanks!

Travellers are raving about these Wichita hotels

Sand Springs Ok
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night, arriving late on a Friday. Check in was no problem, when we arrived to the room, I found the key used RF, so you just place it near the lock until the light comes on. The room was good sized with a table big enough for two laptops back to back, the wi-fi worked good too! I read other reviews about dirty carpets and sheets, but our room was all in good shape. There is a 32" flat screen TV along with a DVD in the room. There is a decent selection of movies available near the front desk, just put a $10 deposit on the movie and return it in the morning to get your $10 back. The shower was good and strong with plenty of hot water. The breakfast was about what you would expect, cold and hot cereal, fresh waffles, fruit, pastry and some breakfast sausage on a stick along with juice, coffee and tea. The only complaint I would have, is the mattress seemed to sag towards the middle, but I still slept good. Not too bad of a place really.
Mike S.

Room Tip: Ice machines are on the 1st and 3rd floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! We did update to RFID guest room security locks on all rooms earlier this year. Guests seem to love it, and they are very accurate and secure. We also get good reviews about our flat screen TV's, free DVD rentals, and our expanded continental breakfast. For the price, we think our continental breakfast is much better than other hotels in our price range, with waffles, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, pastries, as well as cereals and assorted juices.
We have been updating beds this year, and plan to finish the update over the first couple of months of 2014.

We hope to see you again!! thank you