“Amazing place”

Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Wichita, Kansas
“Amazing place”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was looking for the cheapest place in Wichita close to my work for the night. I tried 2 other hotels than happened to be booked solid before coming to Cresthill Suites. Such a surprise! It has a kitchenette, bathtub/shower, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, toaster, dishwasher, oven, and coffee pot. AMAZING!!!

I will definitely stay here again if I have more work in Topeka.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tstory30
Sean P, General Manager at CrestView Suites Wichita, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review-- we truly appreciate it! We take much delight that your visit here with us in Wichita was a pleasant one for you. I am glad that the amenities and property worked well to your liking and that you found us when you did. The team looks forward to having you as a guest on your next visit to Wichita!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here on 08/21 and 08/23/13. Used TripAdvisor.com to locate a less expensive hotel for an overnight stop on a cross-country roadtrip. Recently, I have had extremely good luck searching for hotels in an area, then sorting by price (lowest to highest) and going down the list until I find one rated in the top ten. Couldn't believe this value hotel was rated #4 among over 80 properties in Wichita.

This property looks brand-new, and all rooms are extended-stay suites with a full-size refrigerator, microwave, stove with oven, dishwasher, plates, pots and pans, etc. We loved this hotel so much, we stayed here again, two days later, on the return leg of our trip.

The first night, we had no reservations, and the lower cost rooms were not available; so we stayed in a two-bedroom suite, with separate baths. The living room area had a TV, large chair with ottoman, and a sofa. The adjoining kitchen area included a dining table and chairs. Bedrooms were on opposite sides of the living room, and the entire suite was huge. One bedroom had a single king, the other had two queens, and both bedrooms had their own TVs; great for traveling with kids.

Upon checkout, we reserved a less expensive room for our return trip (two nights later). This large single room had all the same amenities, but with two queen beds in a large efficiency-type apartment. Again, it had a full kitchen, as described above.

New property, luxury accommodations, budget hotel prices -- What's not to love!

If we ever pass through Wichita again, the Cresthill Suites is definitely where we'll stay!

Additional comments:

* Complimentary breakfast was typical of chain hotels. The first morning included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, and assorted fruit, breads and cereals, etc. Second morning featured biscuits and gravy as the main entree. All items were fresh and frequently replenished. I believe the hotel also offers a complimentary dinner on some nights, but we arrived too late to take advantage of this.

* I believe this property is incorrectly categorized as a value/budget hotel. This property was as luxurious as some resorts where we have stayed. Business travelers that need extended-stay accommodations will enjoy the amenities and comfort.

* This hotel borders a wooded area and creek. The morning we checked out, we found a 40 pound snapping turtle hiding next to a parked car, near the curb. It had apparently wandered into the parking lot overnight. A family with small children was examining their discovery; and I cautioned them not to approach the turtle, because it's head can lunge 6-8 inches and snap off fingers and dinner-roll size chunks of flesh and bone. So, if you see a snapping turtle or other wild animals (like snakes), just leave them alone to wander back to the creek.

Room Tip: Limited parking does not easily accommodate large RVs and travel trailers, when hotel is near full...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to give us comments on your stay. The staff works hard to provide wonderful service and so it is very gratifying to know that their efforts have paid off. We appreciate you taking time to recognize the amenities and atmosphere we offer. We are so lucky to have the beautiful creek and wooded area around us—we are glad you think so too. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you are in our neck of the woods.
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a somewhat belated review of our stay at the Cresthill Suites in June 2013. Overall it's a great place and we will stay here again if we return to Wichita. The Cresthill is located just a few blocks away from a major shopping area yet it's location is very quiet. I liked being able to hop in the car and get to just about any kind of store or food we needed in less than 5 min.
I was familiar with the Cresthill chain having made their property in Syracuse, NY my home away from home when traveling to that city on frequent business trips for nearly a decade. Cresthill Suites are comfortable, roomy and functional. The furnishings at the Wichita property are a bit worn but not shabby. Our room and the entire property were very clean. We used their free laundry facility on our floor. They have very high quality washers and dryers. This was a bonus.
From the moment of our arrival, staff were extremely courteous and welcoming. A glitch in our reservation resulted in a room upgrade from the desk manager. She was extremely accommodating.
Our room was a non-smoking room but had a strong smell of stale smoke. It was the only negative part of our stay.

Room Tip: One thing of note regarding the property is that they appear to have blocks of rooms on each floor t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
First let me Thank You for taking the time to provide us feedback. We were so glad to have a member of our “Cresthill Family” who has enjoyed another location, stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and its amenities. The hotel is scheduled to go through a renovation this next year and so you will see us makes some great changes in the future and we hope to see you on your next visit to Wichita.
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My mom booked a room at another hotel and it was horrible! I called Creathill and they had availability. As soon as we entered the room we were glad we made the selection. We asked for an item and it was delivered quickly with a smile from staff. Now I use to travel extensively for a previous job and I have been at all levels of hotel. This hotel deserves the five stars it was awarded for sure. I am not really picky about a lot of things, but I am selective about where my family and I lay our heads. Cresthill have us peace of mind to close our eyes and rest. Thanks!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
We are always pleased when our guests feel that we have provided great service. I remember when you both came in that evening and we were able to get you booked into the hotel. Despite the ordeal you had just been through at the other hotel you were so pleasant and kind, it was a real pleasure having you stay with us. Again, we are so happy that you were pleased with our service and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here after having a horrible experience at Hawthorn Suites in East Wichita. The rooms here were very clean and large. The draperies in the room were in dire need of replacing.

The staff was very nice. The major complaint I had with this property was the breakfast area was not kept clean. None of the staff were cleaning the breakfast bar or the tables. There were a lot of children in the hotel and a lot of milk, cereal and syrup on the tables. I asked for a wet towel myself and went around and wiped off all the tables. The girl saw what I was doing and didn't even offer to do it.

One major perk was the free use of laundry facilities. All I had to have was my own detergent.

The swimming pool liner was torn and there were no towels at the pool area.

They do offer food in the evening also but only Monday - Thursday. We were there on Friday and Saturday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DebBrown4258
Sean P, General Manager at CrestView Suites Wichita, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
I appreciate the feedback that you have provided to us. I am pleased that it sounds like most of your stay with the hotel was good. There are times when the front desk is only staffed by one person but our goal is to still provide great service. I do regret that it appears that there were some challenges to that end. We certainly will review this and see how to improve on staff scheduling in the future. We are in the process of getting a new liner for the pool but are literally just waiting now on the installation to begin so we should have a nice new liner on your next trip. The hotel will also go through an upgrade so we will have some nice changes overall as well. Thank you again and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel seems pretty new, it is good size and has an outdoor pool that has seating for breakfast. It is a garden like setting, well as garden like as the middle of Kansas is. The breakfast was the standard for small motels. The staff was very attentive. The hotel was very well kept. I had a double suite kitchenette and was very spacious. They allow pets, but you pay an extra $15 apiece for them and sign a witnessed affidavit. The access of off and back onto the turnpike is very convenient, you pass a full service gas and convenience store in the 1 mile drive from the highway. Finding a restaurant nearby is not easy, be sure to look that up in advance. We had pizza delivered to the room. It is a nice midway point for us and we will stay again.

Room Tip: Don't seem to have any bad rooms, it is not on a highway just a city boulevard so traffic noise...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark1959
Thank you for your review! It is very gratifying for the entire staff when our guests have such a wonderful stay here at Cresthill Suites. We hope your trip is always safe and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit.
Neranwood
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had to go back to the booking once we had checked in to make sure that I had indeed paid only $79 for such a big suite with full kitchen facilities with hot chocolate, coffee, popcorn, a health bar, 2 cans of coke and a bottle of water. There is a swimming pool outside with nice relaxing sunbeds and the hotel provide towels outside to use. In the evening a lovely hot meal was included that was not published. Apparently they do a different theme every evening. No need to go out for an evening meal!! Terrific. The breakfast buffet included real crispy bacon and real scrambled egg not the powdered stuff you normally get if your lucky! Unbelievable. Wish this chain of hotels were more common place. Will definitely stay here if we return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool as there is no roadway that side. The staff are so obliging :-)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CindyHarrison
Let me first say how much I appreciate that you took time out of your schedule to review us! The staff works vigorously to ensure guests have a great stay and are very happy when our efforts are recognized. We thrive to deliver a professional and quality level of service consistently from booking to check-out and we are so pleased that was your experience. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in our neck of the woods!