“Nice quiet roomy hotel”

CrestView Suites Wichita
Ranked #48 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
“Nice quiet roomy hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

The location is on the east side of Wichita in a residential area, Hence the name Residential Suites. Very pet friendly and has a nice outdoor space for dogs. The suites all had kitchens and livingroom area's, with the bedroom and bathroom in separate rooms with door to close off. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. The only con was the WiFi was sketchy, sometimes worked and sometimes not. Also the night we stayed the T.V. connection was similar to the WiFi, would work for a little while then freeze up. The night time clerk said it was cable company problems.

Room Tip: We chose 1st floor because of our dogs, easy access to the outdoors.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean P, General Manager at CrestView Suites Wichita, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
We appreciate having you as our guest and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. It sounds as if the amenities worked well and were to your liking for the most part. We are going to have a WIFI upgrade later in the year and that should improve that for all of our guests. Unfortunately the cable company was having issues so hopefully that will not be the case next time you are in town. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you on your next trip to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Farmington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Fortunately I didn't read these reviews! Had I read them I might not have stayed there and that would have definitely been my loss. Everything was 5 star from friendly, accommodating staff, to cleanliness, to modern decor, WiFi, great shower heads, wonderful light dinner and an even better complete breakfast that left you wanting for nothing. Our one bedroom suite was beautiful and functional -- I could have easily stayed there a week or more. CrestHill Suites in Wichita is amazing and I would recommend it to all of my friends and I have recommended it to all of my blog followers. littleusatrips.org. Heidi Schmidt

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank littleUSAtrips
Sean P, General Manager at CrestView Suites Wichita, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Let me first say how much I appreciate that you took time out of your schedule to review us! The entire team works vigorously to ensure guests have a great stay and are so very happy when their efforts are acknowledged. We thrive to deliver a quality level of service and professionalism from booking to check-out and we are so pleased that was your experience. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you next time you come to Wichita!
Oakland, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I, who are not smokers, booked what was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but on walking in the door it was immediately clear that someone had been smoking in the bathroom, which they had unsuccessfully tried to cover up with air freshener, with a strong odor of old smoke mixed with perfume welling up out of the bathroom carpet even with the exhaust fan running full speed. The front desk informed us that there were no other rooms available, and that the room "had passed inspection," and did not offer any other help or accomodation other than to check out and go somewhere else. Since we had booked on Priceline, we had no choice but to stay, and after about 4 days and two cans of spray carpet cleaner, which we purchased at our own expense, the smell was tolerable, but by no means not still noticeable. Aside from that, the room was spacious and did have a kitchen in the unit, but the smell was rather hard to overlook.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrDanD
I am so sorry that your stay was not completely to your liking. We certainly do our best to limit smoking to our smoking rooms only. However, there are times when other guests still smoke in a non-smoking room. If that is the case, then in addressing such a situation the staff does our best in cleaning and deodorizing the room. Unfortunately there will still be some individuals who might be more sensitive than others.

The hotel was full during your stay that there literally were no other rooms to move you to or the staff would have been happy to do so. Since you paid Priceline, there would be no manner of relocating you under such circumstances, particularly because Priceline does not guarantee a non-smoking room.

I am glad that you seemed to enjoy other elements of your stay. I can appreciate your circumstance and do hope you will try us again in the future. Booking with us directly in the future might make miscommunications less likely. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will reference it in our training.
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here a couple of years ago, after which I wrote a review. I have seen a couple of negative reviews of this hotel lately so when we stayed here last month, I decided to write another review because the hotel deserves that. We enjoyed the hotel stay this time just as much as the last time two years ago. The hotel is reasonably priced, and the rooms are quite good for what you pay. The staff, as always, was very attentive. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone passing through. By the way, for anyone who feels it is out of the way on a north-south trip, it really isn't. It takes you about 10 minutes out of your way getting there but you are back on the turnpike within five minutes after you leave your hotel in the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to give us comments on your stay. The staff works hard to provide great service and so it is very satisfying when their efforts are recognized. We enjoy serving you, truly appreciate your loyalty and hope to serve you again on your next trip to our neck of the woods!
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights over Thanksgiving 2013. Sorry - I can't give this property a glowing review like others have - this hotel is dated and showing wear. We were in room 238 - second floor at the end of a hallway as far away as you can get from the lobby. Although we were able to pick up a WIFI signal in our room, it would not connect to the internet. When we used the WIFI in the lobby area, we had no problem getting on the internet there, so obviously the signal is too weak to be useable in room 238. The bedspread/duvet was ripped on one of the beds. The handle for the shower water spigot was hanging by a thread and ready to fall off. The strip above the shower head (on the wall) was missing - it was obvious as it was a different paint color than the rest of the wall. There was chipped paint around the bathroom door frame. The heater in the room was horribly loud - so bad that it woke me up every time it kicked on (which was very frequently throughout the night). This hotel still has the old style heater units in the room (versus some type of central heating that blows out through a wall vent with a thermostat on the wall). There is very poor lighting for reading in the room - especially on the nightstand and next to the chairs. Guess we were lucky to be there on garbage collection night, as the dumpsters outside of our window were picked up and dropped on the ground numerous times at 3:30 am on Friday 11/29/13. They must allow smoking in some of the rooms, as there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke when we exited the elevator onto the second floor. Dogs are allowed on the property too and I saw two walking through the hallways (on leashes, but nonetheless, walking through the hotel).When we checked in, the clerk gave us no information about anything in the hotel - for instance, meal times (complimentary breakfast and we later found out that some nights they have dinner food in the lobby). There was a magnet on the inside of the room door that said something to the affect "Housekeeping Today" - wasn't sure what to do with that sign as no one ever told us it's purpose. Also, there is a construction site just a block or two away, so there was lots of noise from that early most of the mornings we were there. To sum it up - the price was very reasonable - almost too reasonable - and now we know why. I guess if you are staying there on a long-term basis, you might get used to everything and maybe be able to look past all of the worn out things in the rooms. Seems like this hotel is better suited and more focused on long-term stays versus a family like ours that was just in Wichita visiting relatives over the long holiday weekend. They didn't even have anything for us to put our suitcases on while we had them open in the room (we asked at the desk and they said no). So, we had to keep them on some of the kitchen chairs to keep them from being on the floor. Once again, since we were only there for a long weekend, we didn't put our clothes in the dresser. The hotel needs to acknowledge the fact that not everyone who stays there is staying for an extended time. We were disappointed with this property - the pictures on the company website make it look nicer than it is. And, while we were there, it appeared there was just one person manning the front desk, keeping the breakfast bar replenished, and doing whatever else needed to be done Maybe that was because it was a holiday weekend? I felt sorry for the man as it was hard for him to do all of those things at one time.

Room Tip: If you want to use WIFI and have it connect to the Internet - ask for a room close to the lobby. Al...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
First let me thank you for giving us feedback on your stay. I apologize for the maintenance concerns that you had during your stay. We try to stay on top of maintenance issues but it is challenging at times during busier periods for the hotel. Regardless, we will use your experience as a tool in addressing those concerns in the future.

I certainly can appreciate your comments about the condition of some of the items in the room and I will make sure to pass those on to the appropriate parties. The hotel is scheduled to go through a renovation later this year and I am sure that will increase all guests’ enjoyment. The WIFI is a system that we are in the midst of upgrading as well. Unfortunately that is still in the process of being implemented but will be a better operating feature in the future.

We do get some concerns about lighting in the rooms but it has to do more with the transition away from incandescent light bulbs. Phosphor based lights are the new standard but the complaint is often that they do not light up quick enough or bright enough. Regardless, it is the standard by which we must now operate. Although the final phase out has just begun in 2014, the industry has been moving that way in recent years in anticipation of the change.

The PTAK units in the walls are also standard in the industry. All major branded hotels continue to use them so that each individual room has control over the temperature. It is too costly and too difficult logistically for most hotels to have central air units for rooms so that is the norm for most properties outside of resorts or very large full service hotels.

Although the property is an extended stay hotel, we do have many customers whom are not extended stay guests that visit us regularly. It is somewhat of a different experience and we understand it does take a little adjustment for some guests. It is typical to only have one person at the front desk at smaller limited-service properties such as ours. Normally there are only larger staffs only at bigger and full service hotels.

The luggage stand is a nice suggestion although I have never had any at any of the branded hotels that I have managed in the past. However, I certainly will take it under consideration in the future.

Housekeeping is performed just like it is at most industry properties where full service is done daily unless noted otherwise by guest and except for sheet changes which is a Green Process that hotels do to conserve water and energy. Hence the two magnates we have in the rooms, “Maid Service Please” and “Privacy Please”.

I can appreciate the noise concerns from trash pick-up. However, we have no control over when the pick-up occurs nor can we alter it. I have tried at several hotels I have managed but to no avail since it is influenced by the garbage companies’ other clients/schedules. To that same end, unfortunately we do not own the property near us and the company that does is building a new housing addition. We have no control over construction nor are we associated with it in any manner.

We do have smoking rooms and we do allow pets. I am sorry if you were not aware of this but it is something we do advertise in all of our hotel informational brochures as well as on our web site.

Again, thank you for your input and I hope I have addressed and clarified any concerns you had. I invite you to try us again in the future, after our renovation perhaps later in the year.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

A little dated, but clean and comfortable. There was a noise factor. We checked in late, about 11:30 pm and could still a lot of voices, not sure where they were coming from. A good value for the dollar.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! We are pleased that your visit with us was a good one. Depending on how busy we are, there are times that with the hotel fuller, there invariably are more people up around. Hopefully your next stay will be a little quieter. Thank you again and we look forward to continuing to serve you when you stay in the future.
Georgetown, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

If you are traveling with family , Cresthill Suites is a perfect place to stay. Suites are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was substantial - more than continental; a wide selection of food to choose from. My only criticism would be that the shower head in the ADA bathroom needs a holder for hands free showers. It was like a loose cannon when we turned it on and the bathroom became a swimming pool by the end of our shower.

• Stayed November 2013
Sean P, General Manager at CrestView Suites Wichita, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review for us! We are so pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one and that you enjoyed the breakfast as well as the room. We certainly will look into the shower in that room and make any necessary modifications. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Wichita!