“Exceeding our expectations! Again!”
Review of Hotel At WaterWalk

Hotel At WaterWalk
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Just returned home from another great experience at this wonderful hotel.
We were greeted upon arrival by Farra and all weekend she made us feel that we were the most important guests in the hotel. Every aspect of the facility and the staff is second to none. We returned to Waterwalk because our first stay early this year was a memorable experience. We are puzzled as to where they find the fantastic staff and how they keep them so motivated. This is a well run Hotel that gets our highest marks.

Room Tip: Be sure to visit and use the outside sitting and eating areas behind the buildings. They are park l...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I will say that the staff is absolutely FANTASTIC, the hotel is great, but it just wasn't a good fit for my needs on this trip. My mistake was in seeing the "kitchenettes" and just seeing what I'd been accustomed to seeing in current/former Residence Inn's - kitchenettes so I brought dinner in thinking I would have plates and utensils, wrong. There's nothing like that in the kitchen - just the fridge and microwave and it's right there in the pictures so it's totally my fault for not realizing it. I know they offer dinnerware at the front desk but I'd worked 14 hrs and just didn't feel like walking down there.

I've discovered that there are hotel bathrooms suitable for women and those that aren't - this one wasn't. There was no counter space at all so no where to put any of my toiletries and spread out, just a very small standard sink with about 6" around it. The bathroom in my King suite was SMALL, like don't even think of getting two people in there. I think the closet is larger. Also, the bathroom was off the kitchen and the closet was off of the room around the corner. It was just an odd layout.

I liked being on the second floor because I have first-hand experience being on the first floor of these style buildings and you can hear every single thing from the people upstairs but that meant that early in the morning I'm in businesswear and heals lugging a heavy suitcase and work presentations down the stairs.

The breakfast room was unbearable crowded, standing room only (this isn't the fault of the staff at all and, again, they were AWESOME) with parents allowing their young toddlers to literally run around the room. Food was in short supply and they were doing their best to keep it refilled but in the future I will know to grab a plate and return to my room.

The floors in my suite were wood or laminate which was very nice but also VERY slippery and I actually fell several times - it was really slick! I'd prefer walking around on carpet in my travel slippers.

The clock provided was IPOD-ready but for the love of all that is holy would everyone please realize that there are travelers who have Tablets and not everyone uses an IPOD? It's beyond irritating. The nighstand/shelf lights are artful but not practical at all so I had to get out of bed and walk across the room to turn off the overhead potlights which were all sort of oddly placed. The rooms are beautiful but appear to be done for aesthetics rather than practicality.

I will definitely stay here again if in town but probably only for personal travel rather than business.

Room Tip: Definitely stay on the south side in an upstairs room to avoid overhead noise and traffic from Kello...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Christine711smain, Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel. We work to accommodate guest for both business and leisure travel and wish that our hotel had better suited your needs. We are glad that you would be willing to stay with us again and hope that we will be able to fit your needs better in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed here as part of Tallgrass film festival as part of their filmmakers lab series and was really happy with this hotel. I had been to Tallgrass in years prior and had stayed at a different hotel and the WaterWalk is definitely superior to the other locations. The decor was similar to what you find at very pircey boutique hotels, the room was so spacious and beautiful and the service was exceptional. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I love the Hotel at Waterwalk!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are honored that the Tallgrass film festival has chosen us to house their filmmakers. We look forward to continuing to work with the Tallgrass film festival and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 days. We initially picked it because of its location and because they allowed pets. Wow, did we get a super place for the money that we paid. It was really kept up. The bed was super comfortable and the rooms were very spacious. The room came with a fridge, microwave, and in room coffee maker (and not one of those one shot machines). Our fee included a shuttle, free washers and dryers (including detergent and dryer sheets), and a full breakfast. The property also had a pool and a bar. What was super nice was that the hotel is made up of small units, so you don't have a lot of noise to put up with. The staff was very helpful, professional, and polite. Will definately stay here again, and recommend it to everyone who comes to Wichita.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane D

The Hotel At WaterWalk wishes to make every guest feel like they are in their home away from home. We are glad that the little touches you mentioned made your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and let us know we are on the right track. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My architectural firm (RKS) designed this hotel in the 70's as the original Residence Inn for Jack DeBoer. We stayed there last weekend for a wedding visit. I cannot express how proud I am of the current operation in keeping up with and improving on the original concept.
The hotel represents the pride and customer service that Mr. DeBoer based the concept on so many years ago.

Congratulations ... Mel

Room Tip: There aren't any bad rooms.. It depends on your family preference on location (pool, etc.)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

We are excited that 36 years later the Hotel At WaterWalk is again doing Jack DeBoer proud. We passed your kind words on to Jack and he very excited to hear your take on your creation. He remembers first building the property and is pleased that the concept still lives on today. Thank you for your very personal perspective on our hotel and we hope to see you many times in future.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband and I rarely get to go out together because of our schedules and two small kids. We purchased the Date Night package and had a blast! The staff was super friendly and helpful, the room was clean and very nice, and we were able to have a few after work drinks at the Splash Bar before hopping on the hotel shuttle to go downtown for our dinner and movie. Afterwards we were able to go dancing and have a few more drinks. We called the shuttle to come get us and we safely arrived at the hotel in a few short minutes to catch the last hour of live music at the Splash Bar. I highly recommend this hotel. We will be staying there again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

We are so glad you enjoyed our Date Night Package! We know that special nights away can be very important and we are glad our shuttle and bar made your night even better. Thank you for sharing your story with us and we can't wait to see you next time to manage to sneak away.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Our group got stuck an extra day in Wichita due to weather in Dallas that closed the airport. We scrambled to book something in the city rather than the Hampton that we had stayed at for 4 days. The Hotel at Waterwalk was great.. large rooms, regular size frig, tv's in bedroom and living room, spacious bathrooms. Small bar, free breakfast beyond the usual muffins and fruit The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle even took us to a Kmart to pick up toiletries needed due to checked bags being irretrievable. Also took us over to Old Town to kill a few hours. Hotel mgr allowed us to check out late (2pm) so we didn't have to wait at the airport when our flight finally was cleared to leave. Highly recommend this hotel and the staff.

2  Thank Karembob

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad we were able to accommodate you on short notice and that our ammenties made your unexpected stay enjoyable. Hopefully we will be your hotel of choice on future visits to Wichita.