“Go to meet Michelle & her cooked to order Breakfasts”
Review of Hotel At WaterWalk

Hotel At WaterWalk
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Go to meet Michelle & her cooked to order Breakfasts”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at WaterWalk 4 nights and enjoyed it very much. The staff were welcoming, friendly and accommodating. One shining star is Michelle, who runs and cooks for the breakfast room. Cooked to order omelets, pancakes, French toast plus a buffet of cereals, very nice fresh fruits and pastries. Michelle took care of people like they were family. I would have given this hotel 5 stars but our room was lacking any drawers for our unpacked items. We were able to creatively use a very large walk in closet for our stay. A dresser would be great addition because the rooms are sufficiently large for one. The property appears to have been originally designed as several buildings of 4 condos each. It is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Loomis, California
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed here based on the glowing reviews, so were truly disappointed by our experience. The "hotel" is nothing more than old apartments turned into hotel rooms. The room was fine, but the bathrooms are studio apartment-size tiny. The celebrated full breakfast is no better than you get at chain budget hotels; you serve yourself with plastic plates and utensils. The "bar" is a joke-just a counter in the old breakfast room. There's no atmosphere or decor. You eat and get out. No we wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the highway. We were right next to it, on the second floor. Very loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here because of the reviews, and I have to say they were right on. We didn't arrive until after midnight, and we were welcomed w/ a smile. We were informed that they had upgraded us into a loft suite because they ran out of King suites. We didn't care, just needed one king bed.
Boy, were we pleasantly surprised at the beautiful accommodations! The whole place looked like it was just remodeled last month. There was wood- look flooring throughout, a nice living room area in front of a fireplace, and a spacious kitchen area. There was a full-sized fridge, micro, and coffee pot!
The loft had the king bed, and downstairs was a queen. There were two full bathrooms and two full closets. My husband and I remarked that we could live there!
The hot, cooked-to-order breakfast was excellent, and they didn't rush us when we arrived right before it was set to end, they even offered us seconds!
Everyone wanted to make sure we were comfortable, but were never overbearing. I'd have to say this was the cleanest, nicest room we've ever stayed in, and the people were just icing on the cake! I'll definitely return if I ever find myself in Wichita again!

Room Tip: We were right next to the freeway and it was very quiet. The units are set up like townhouses, so al...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Any attraction you wish to visit in Wichita or the surroundings areas are within an hour drive. Excellent dining, depending on what you are hungry for, Wichita and the surrounding towns can provide. WaterWalk hotel was easy to get to, right of the highway, and accepted pets to stay with you and provided a walking area for our 4 footed family members. My family would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I along with our two dogs stayed at Hotel At WaterWalk during our trip across the country. I was extremely pleased with the cleanliness, amenities, and overall experience. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My wife and I went to WSU many years ago, live in LA now. I needed to be in Wichita for a golf tournament, and we wanted a place central to visit the local attractions (Botanical Gardens, Museums, Exploration Place, Old Town), but also wanted a place to relax and renew our love. It was a great spot to enjoy these things and more...outdoor pool, afternoon bar, shuttle service to hotspots, and the room was very nice and boutique style.
We especially loved going to the included breakfast - Michelle, our server, was the best! My wife and her hit if off immediately, made us feel right at home.

Room Tip: We looked at all available packages - the loft is perfect if you're traveling with kids or anoth...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LA_Guy_412
Kansas
Reviewed 26 August 2012

What a treat! My husband and I stayed one night to celebrate our anniversary. When we walked in we were so impressed! It was more like a beautiful studio apartment than a hotel room. My husband asked me, "how much was this?" We felt like it was a steal for $80! He also said it looked like a picture in a magazine. We used the shuttle service and that was great too! When we got back to the hotel around 11 we decided to check out the Kareoke bar and had a great end to our night! The drinks were great and the bar snacks hit the spot! The breakfast the next morning rocked. Lots of fresh fruit and a great spread of breakfast foods. I loved that they offered TLC muffins (a great local muffin shop). Again, I feel like we got a steal of a deal on this stay. We got so much more than just a place to sleep it was a wonderful experience. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blondebombshell_83
Christine711smain, Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Congratulations on your anniversary! We are so excited you chose our hotel to celebrate and are glad we were able to help make it special. We are very invested in promoting Wichita and use many local companies whenever possible for everything from our muffins to our artwork. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us and we look forward to seeing you again.