Hotel At WaterWalk
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Budget Motel(Wichita)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmade to order breakfastshuttle servicelarge walk in closetwafflessplash barloft roomold townfree laundryfull size refrigeratorclose to downtownsmall apartmentsitting areaa great place to staystayed nightsking bedcentury iiresidence inn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was the high point of a week long business trip around Iowa, Kansas and Missouri.

The layout isn't your traditional hotel layout. It's kind of like a small townhouse community. Very nice.

I made the reservation while driving and somehow "we" got mixed up on the date and when I arrived I discovered I was a day "late" and the room I requested wasn't available. The young lady at the desk never gave it another thought, I was forgiven for not showing up the previous night, my wife and I were put into an upgraded room and we were charged the price on our reservation.

The evening we arrived there were free sandwiches for the guests and the next morning we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with lots of fresh fruit.

I had to leave early in the morning for work appointments and my wife used the hotel shuttle for a ride to the Old Cowtown Museum.

I have a favorite place to stay in Wichita!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The first night I was there I noticed a few ants in the kitchen. I killed those ants. The next day when I got home from work I noticed a ton of ants in the kitchen on the floor behind the refrigerator I called the front desk they asked me if I wanted them to come out and clean up the ants or if I wanted someone to come out and spray then or wait until the morning. Someone came out and did spray around in the kitchen. Later that evening I was sitting in the living area and noticed ants in by the fireplace and other little types of bugs I sprayed them with hairspray to kill them. I continued to have ants my entire stay in the kitchen. I had to the not use a few of my towels do to a long black hair being on some of them. The room was very cute and stylish. However I was on the bottom floor and got to hear every move the person above me made. There is not very much parking and difficult to maneuver if a big vehicle is parked behind you. I did not get to try the breakfast it was very busy every time I was going to go in.
I highly recommend staying on 2nd floor, especially if you're trying to sleep during the day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were'nt there but 1 night. and it was great!! there were 3 of us in a loft room-had 2 seperate bathrooms with 2 showers so, no one waited with is fantastic, right across the street to a very good (free) breakfast-what more can you ask? Good value

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The service at this hotel is fantastic!!. Included parking and breakfast and free laundry room make it an even better value. All the staff are so responsive to your needs. We traveled to Wichita for a family wedding and had a loft suite, which was ideal as we had 3 adults, my husband and me and my cousin, who is widowed. We were able to share the suite, which saved us all money as opposed to 2 rooms, and we had shared living spaces with separate bedrooms and bathrooms. The first 2 nights were chilly, so we ran down the road to a Walmart and bought a log for the fireplace and relaxed with a glass of wine and a nice fire. Some reviewers complained of the road noise. which you heard outside, but did not bother us inside at all and our room was back-facing towards the highway. We found the convenience of being right off Kellogg Drive well worth a little noise. The location is within blocks of Old Town and during daylight hours you could easily walk there. It is also right across the road from the River Walk. The hotel also runs a free shuttle service. Not much to complain about the hotel at all. The hotel was clean, but kitchen area was a little tired. Exterior needed sprucing up,(twigs and debris at doorways and steps and decks in need of painting) but we were there in early spring and we saw workers outside every day and they appeared to be doing the spring clean-up. We would never stay anywhere else in Wichita.

Room Tip: The loft suite cannot be beat if you need separation of bedrooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had a very enjoyable overnight stay. We tried out one of their Loft Suites with a king bed and bathroom upstairs and queen bed, bathroom & kitchen downstairs. Although a little paint could be used to brighten up parts, the room was very comfortable for my husband & I and a friend who also stayed. Best bonus is the shuttle to Intrust Bank Arena & Old Town. A FULL breakfast the next morning was also great. They served made-to-order omelets, pancakes and waffles and also had sausage links, eggs, biscuits & gravy, bagels, bread, cereals, juice, etc. Overall just a great place to stay. If it was summertime, we would have enjoyed taking a dip in the outiside pool!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends