“One of the best museum I've been to”

Museum of World Treasures
Ranked #4 of 74 things to do in Wichita
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the treasures . . . around the world and through the ages. Where can you explore the crusty bones of long-lost creatures, marvel at Egyptian mummies, uncover the secrets of ancient civilizations, travel to the land of Conquistadors. and enter the battlefields of World Wars? The Museum of World Treasures, with more than 3,000 artifacts on three floors. Discover your inner explorer!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“One of the best museum I've been to”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great time at this museum. It wasn't over price to get in. And it had great exhibits. Impressed with the items they have.

Its not the fanciest museum, but it had a lot of cool things and they are growing.

1 Thank Amber M

Honolulu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Relaxing tour. Not crowded. Very friendly staff. Enjoy reading the quotes from the presidents. Minimal charge. Centrally located.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank JML808
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Little Bit of Everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I can almost guarantee that whatever point of history you're interested in, they are going to have an artifact or an exhibit for it. It's no Louvre, but there are exhibits here that you would never expect to be in the center of the U.S. It was very fascinating and I wish I had more than an hour to look around (we showed up an hour before close=ing).
I would give 5/5 but the whole building is a little dingy. What really vexed me was the sand in the mummy room. Yes, I understand that Egypt is in the desert, but do you have to throw sand on your carpet to add to the ambiance? To me, that doesn't make me think "Egyptian tomb", it makes me think, "dirty building".

Visited June 2014
3 Thank McKenzie B
Wamego, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Gem Hidden in Downtown Wichita”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Lots of treasures packed into this three story museum. I attended Coffee with the Curator and then explored the exhibit areas. Lots of nicely done display areas with local and world connections. The dinosaur display in the main floor will appeal to children. Need to allow time to read the display information. I will plan to return to read more details and see the new display area under construction.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sunflower_4500
Minneapolis, Minnesota
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“An unexpected gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Museum of World Treasures was a great way to spend a couple of hours. We have teens through toddlers, so it's tough to find a place we all love - but this one fit the bill. A cross between Chicago's Field Museum and Ripley's Believe It Or Not, this three-story Kansas gem has an eclectic mix of everything. From fully reconstructed t-Rex skeletons, to a lock of George Washington's hair, a piece of the Berlin Wall to Hitler's personal family photographs, a crucifiction nail from the time of Jesus' death to a room full of shrunken heads and mummies. There was even a generous play space for our toddler (she could only "rawr" at the dinosaurs so many times).The highlights for us were probably the world war exhibits, the copy of the resolution desk, and the real pitchfork the scarecrow used in the Wizard of Oz. We were also taken with the Berlin Wall exhibit, but the two-year old kept climbing into East Germany and rattling the soldier's fully sharpened bayonet, so we were forced to move on.

Visited July 2013