“AWESOME”

Museum of World Treasures
Ranked #4 of 79 things to do in Wichita
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the treasures . . . around the world and through the ages. Where can you explore the crusty bones of long-lost creatures, marvel at Egyptian mummies, uncover the secrets of ancient civilizations, travel to the land of Conquistadors. and enter the battlefields of World Wars? The Museum of World Treasures, with more than 3,000 artifacts on three floors. Discover your inner explorer!
Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you are in Wichita and have about 4 hours to kill...holy cow is this place AWESOME. The second floor alone has some of the best history to offer in any museum I have been in the USA. Absolutely go check this place out. We had a blast and glad we looked for things to do locally that day. Highly recommend.

1  Thank TheWatchmaker

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great time at this museum. It wasn't over price to get in. And it had great exhibits. Impressed with the items they have.

Its not the fanciest museum, but it had a lot of cool things and they are growing.

1  Thank Amber M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Relaxing tour. Not crowded. Very friendly staff. Enjoy reading the quotes from the presidents. Minimal charge. Centrally located.

1  Thank JML808
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I can almost guarantee that whatever point of history you're interested in, they are going to have an artifact or an exhibit for it. It's no Louvre, but there are exhibits here that you would never expect to be in the center of the U.S. It was very fascinating and I wish I had more than an hour to look around (we showed up an hour before close=ing).
I would give 5/5 but the whole building is a little dingy. What really vexed me was the sand in the mummy room. Yes, I understand that Egypt is in the desert, but do you have to throw sand on your carpet to add to the ambiance? To me, that doesn't make me think "Egyptian tomb", it makes me think, "dirty building".

3  Thank McKenzie B
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Lots of treasures packed into this three story museum. I attended Coffee with the Curator and then explored the exhibit areas. Lots of nicely done display areas with local and world connections. The dinosaur display in the main floor will appeal to children. Need to allow time to read the display information. I will plan to return to read more details and see the new display area under construction.

1  Thank Sunflower_4500