“Nice, quiet and clean”

Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown
Ranked #25 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We stayed here 2 days while I had an outpatient procedure. We had a nice spacious room, plenty of TV channels, internet works good. The staff was very nice at both check in and check out. We didn't feel like going out much so we ate in the restaurant twice and had drinks in the bar one evening. It was all good and reasonablly priced. It is also a good place to stay if you are going out too because it's close to downtown or Kellogg takes you across town to the east or west, or to the bypass in no time

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed 6 December 2012

We had a business meeting on 11/2/12. The staff was excellent and very helpful. We had two sales people in for the meeting and they said their rooms were very nice. Thank you to the Director of Sales. He really took care of our needs.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
gm473, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

First off thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn and Suites Downtown Wichita and leaving feedback on tripadvisor.com. I am so glad you enjoyed your time here as we work really hard as a team to ensure every guest has a stay like yours. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to Jesse, our Director of Sales. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Wichita.

Mike Marler

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed a few nights for business. Great hotel, was provided a small lecture room for a business meeting and no complaints. This was my third time at the hotel and it continues to be a great hub. Staff is polite, waitresses for breakfast are always on the ball and provide great service. Will stay here again next time I am up that way.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Kyle,

Thank you so much for choosing us as your place of stay while you are in Wichita. Your feedback is very important as we strive to make sure our guests feel like they are at home. I will be sure to share your kind words to all of the staff and especially our breakfast servers. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Wichita!

Mike Marler

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Due to crazy schedules my wife and I's 10th anniversary had to be a staycation. For what it would have cost for a standard room at many other local hotels we were able to get a suite at the Holiday Inn. Our check in was very easy and we were sent up to our room with complementary drink coupons for their bar area as well as a few coupons for breakfast the next day to help us celebrate our anniversary.
Our room was lovely. A nice hide-a-bed couch and flat screen made up a cozy living area and a small kitchenette area (microwave and mini fridge) made it nice for a few things we had left over from our lunch. There was also a conference table that we didn't have any use for but could be nice for a meeting, setting out snacks or a poker game ;-)
The nice thing about this location is it's fairly close to everything. If one was attending a show at Intrust bank arena this would be a truly convenient location. Old Towne and The Delano District Wichita's night life hubs are also just a few minutes away.

The best part of this suite is the bed. I kid you not this is by far and away the most comfortable bed these old bones have ever climbed into. My wife and I enjoyed a large chunk of the evening watching tv in our jammies on this great pillow. (this is what happens after 10 years kids, no kids + jammies = The Dirty Dancing movie and an early bed time.)

Breakfast was incredible. A hot breakfast of eggs and bacon for me and, I kid you not, the biggest breakfast burritos I've ever seen in my life for my bride (enough that we ate the leftovers for lunch at home)

Check out was a breeze and the cost for the weekend was what I'd have paid for a room in a larger city. We're already cooking up an excuse for another staycation at this location after the first of the year.

Room Tip: We were in a suite on the seventh floor. Get these rooms if you can. Nice view and no one above yo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timothy7177
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hotel is very easily located off the highway with free parking, which is nice. It has a nice upscale lobby and small bar with very accommodating staff.

The room was comfortable and the beds were nice. The bathroom had some mold on the ceiling, but other than that it was clean. A few things that I didn't like was a very minor detail like the entry door did not have a good seal so there was quite a bit of light that seeped through from the bottom and the side. Also, my internet connection was very poor and I had to stop using it as it was more frustrating and too slow. But I have one major pet peeve and unfortunately this Holiday Inn ended up receiving a lower star rating because of it. The air conditioning unit was an individual wall unit and only blew intermittently so in the middle of the night it would get hot even though I had the AC on high and it was loud which gave for an uneventful night sleep.

Last but not least it is in an area that seems very dead at night and not much going on. I probably won't stay here again unless most of the other hotels are booked.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012

There is going to be a large group (about 60 rooms are booked) staying at this hotel at the end of this month. After reading through the first 20 reviews of this hotel, I'm praying that we will have good service, working appliances, and clean rooms. I also hope that our room has no evidence of smoke in it. If it does, I might as well sleep outside as I will have an asthma attack. Our group's banquet is also at the same hotel. I just hope everything goes well!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The staff was great! We needed some directions when we first arrived and they went over and above helping us. Our room was great! Some friends came out to have dinner with us, we ordered room service, by far the best service I have ever had from room service and the food was great! Breakfast was very good, the dining area was clean, the service was great and again, the food was great. We didn't have a chance to enjoy the pool. We will be staying again. Would recommend to anyone I know.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple