“Poor Customer Service”

Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Shawnee, Kansas
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Arrived for check in at 4pm. I was told my room was not ready because they were full the previous night. I was told the room would be ready in 45 minutes. Check in is at 3 PM.

I returned to the desk around 5:30 and the clerk said I don't know if your room is ready because housekeeping quit answering their phones. I then went up to check on the room myself and it was clean. The front desk clerk stated she couldn't leave the desk. Very unprofessional!

I then had to ask for breakfast coupons for the delay. The hotel should have offered these to me at check in for the inconvenience.

The rooms were very small and the walls are paper thin. Could here people having normal conversations next door. The upside is the rooms were nice and clean.

The outdoor pool was very nice, but you have to go to the front desk for towels. A towel stand should be placed outside.

Overall it was a nice hotel for the money, minus a few problems.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear KC-Lawman,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chicago
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Very clean and updated hotel for the price. Location to downtown also very good. I had no issues that could be blamed on the hotel, but the Direct TV did go out when we were hit by a big summer storm. Also, the lobby and east side rooms took on water, I was on west side and enjoyed the storm. Staff even allowed those of us with uninsured rental cars to park them under eaves to avoid hail damage. Very nice of them!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed here twice since work put me up here. The rooms are comfortable enough. In my first stay, I had a lot of trouble with the remote control, which despite having new batteries, would take forever to turn on the TV or change channels. Free wifi can be spotty at times as well...I had to reconnect several times. Also had a night where I didn't sleep because the AC unit was starting and stopping, despite my turning the switch off. Thank goodness work paid for it, because it's not a place I would choose on my own.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear broncoal06,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room amenities, internet access and the air conditioning. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Wichita hotels

Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here the 29th of June. Our reservation was for a non-smoking room and they gave us a smoking at first. After we called and ask for a non-smoking we where upgraded to executive suite on the top floor of the hotel. The hotel pool was fun after our drive and there is a bar and restraint on site.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Arnold, Missouri
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have been there twice in the past 6 months and have had nothing but good experiences! Clean rooms and great staff! I would also like to personally thank the bartender in sky bar. She has been the most pleasant of all the people I've met in Wichita and will make certain to stop in for a drink or a nights stay anytime I pass through because of her alone.....THANK YOU MARSHA!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dan B
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed three days. Nice room, very clean and comfortable. Great bed, lots of towels, fridge, microwave, plasma tv, all the amenities you could ask for. Security is top notch and its nice and quiet. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mewsettecat1
gm473, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Mewsettecat1,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We try our best to make sure all of our guest have the best stay possible. I will be sure to share this feedback with my wonderful staff, We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Mike Marler
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My wife and I stay at the WICHITA DWTN-CONVENTION CENTER Holiday Inn for the second time last month. Our most recent stay (as was our first) was overnight while traveling on vacation. We stay in the two room suite both times. We stayed the second time because of the positive experience the first. Both time we found the desk staff and the lounge/restaurant staff both accommodating and friendly. The took note of our Platinum Priority Club status. I very much like the keyed entrance from the parking lot directly to the elevators. It is quite convenient. I believe this is one of the best hotels to provide good value for you money. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
edmac48,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. We strive to provide the best positive experiences for our guests. I will share your feedback with my staff. Thank you for being a Platinum Member.

Mike Marler