“Beyond Expectations”

Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Belfast
“Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I did not book the visit to the Ambassador as the venue I was visiting did. On arrival the check was akin to what I have experienced in 5 star hotels around the world. Staff were very friendly and knew how to handle guests perfectly. The room was large and very modern. It was an absolute delight to stay here. Prices in the restaurant were much less than I expected and the waiting staff in the hotel restaurant were impeccable, I mean Michelin star restaurant type staff. I was totally taken away with how good this hotel was, I would choose this hotel again in a heart beat. I used valet parking which was brilliant. It normally operates from 0700 to 2300 but I had to leave at 0400 for the airport, they brought the car out at 0400 for me and I thought it was a really nice touch as they had advised me they couldn't do this when I checked in. Even simple things that can be taken for granted such as very quick lifts which sit with the doors open on ground floor if not in use, when under time pressure this helps me massively! Staff were all absolutely stars, they were pretty much the best aspect of the stay,

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and room was fantastic
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We went to Wichita for a girl's weekend and wanted to pick a hotel that would be walking distances from activities so that we would not have to either be designated driver.
The hotel came up as one of the best hotels in downtown Wichita.

Pros: Staff was super nice, the restaurant Siena was great, the staff was great, and if you plan to eat at the hotel, this is great. the room was big and comfortable. The beds were very soft, and it had a Keurig for morning coffee. it was three blocks from the Orpheum Theater so it was a great easy walk after a show. We also had an easy 10 minute walk to the Doo Dah Diner which was a great greasy spoon restaurant for breakfast. Parking (self parking) was 8 dollars a day and very convenient to the hotel. We were able to go back and forth to our cars easily.

Cons:
it is about 8 blocks from Old Towne were there are restaurants and places to get to drinks etc.. After we checked in, we walked to old towne during the day.. We saw very few people, and were panhandled and wondered if we would feel safe walking as two women as night. (the hotel does say that they have a free shuttle up to 5 miles on their website though). There are not many businesses near the hotel that are open.. so at night it feels a little desolate. after our show, we opted to come back to the hotel bar - Siena - which was great and had great service - because there was not a lot of other martini bars etc.. to go to.

There is not a pool and the gym is pretty sparse 3 treadmills and bike.

The big con is the ridiculous design of the bathroom door in the room. The rooms are really pretty but the bathroom door is on a slider and there there a 2 or 3 inch gap when its closed. It sits just next to the second bed. (see pictures). You could hear and smell everything happening in the bathroom, (and in some cases see if you sitting in the chair on the corner) to the point that we used the lobby bathroom several times while staying. (and from the smell, we were not the only ones).. It was a problem using the restroom at night because it woke up the other room occupant.

If I were to stay again, I would probably stay at the Marriott Courtyard next to Old Town. there is a lot more to do around it and the cost was similar.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank conferenceTraveler
San Antonio
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is an upscale well maintained property. Staff was outstanding! (Shasta and Anthony). Rooms are very comfortable and large. Breakfast was excellent and I do believe you get what you paid for. $$$ Elevators always on the lobby floor ready to enter was a nice touch. (they were fast too!) Shuttle service to Old Town was nice too. This will be our go to hotel for any stays in Wichita.

Room Tip: Go higher up to avoid noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank smittyjk
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place is a lovely and modern hotel in downtown Wichita. We could not believe what we got for the price. We live in Phoenix and something like this hotel would be $200-300 a night to stay in. The rooms are very big and everything is modern, updated, and clean. It is very easy to access of the freeway as well. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The Ambassador was a gorgeous hotel
Very clean and inviting. The rooms were nice and beds were super comfortable. I don't usually write reviews but we ran across outstanding custom service! Ben Wags picked us up from the hotel and made us feel at home. We came back from a long flight and nothing was open to go grab food. Wags offered to drive us to the nearest fast food place that was open. He truly made us feel welcomed. Thank you for your amazing hospitality.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TheKimberella
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has large, beautifully decorated rooms. Beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are awesome! Nice amenities with a Keurig coffeemaker, plenty of k cups, and complimentary bottled water. The only issue I had was some street noise, and I was on the 5th floor. Would come here again!

Stayed July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This facility is one of the best I've stayed in. I usually don't review when work pays the bill but I would definitely stay here on my own dime. Rooms are clean/big. Staff is great. It's close to everything. Siena, the Tuscan Steakhouse was fantastic too. Stay there, eat there!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business