“Great food Low Price”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Covington, Oklahoma
“Great food Low Price”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

This BBQ was wonderful. We were able to smell the meat a block away. I had brisket and turkey, my husband had turkey and hot links. The brisket was moist, tender and had great flavor. The same for the turkey. The Hot Links were not that hot, but were very flavorable. The corn on the cob was tasty and there was two cobs. The green beans had a ton of ham in them, and the baked beans were meatless and good. We got out of here for under $25.00 which included bread and a drink. Yum.

Omaha, NE
“Superb Barbeque”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Wichita is a blue-collar town full of great blue-collar restaurants like this and Bomber Burger. Pulled pork is best I've had in a long time: neither overcooked nor drowned in sauce. They let you decide how much (not that) hot or mild sauce you want. Great beans and corn on the cob, too.

• Visited December 2013
Harrisville, Utah
“I can get better BBQ in Utah (thats not a good thing...)”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I took a chance on this place based on the reviews (especially the one that said it was better than Oklahoma Joe’s). All I have to say is, they must not have been to the same Oklahoma Joe’s as me. I travel A LOT for work and try to explore local food joints while I am in town. That being said, I have eaten a lot of BBQ in my life on the road. The BBQ here at Pig In Pig Out was….average at best. The brisket was dry and needed A LOT of sauce and pickles and the pulled pork was very wet and fatty. Also, they served bread with this, but they just tossed it on top like it was an afterthought. Most places will place the pulled pork on top of the bread (the meat is the star), but they covered the meat up instead. That is a big fail in my book. Their beans are far too sweet, but the Mac n Cheese (it sounded good) was actually very good! The short of the long is, this BBQ was not very good at all. They have a lot of ribbons on their wall, but some of them are for placing 17th in a competition. Not sure I would brag about that if it was me.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank RussDizzle
Wichita, Kansas
“FAMILY OWNED RESTAURANT IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The current owner, Derek grew up working at the original PIPO with his Dad and now runs it. People really like this BarBQ ! Plenty of room to dine in, but strange location (sort of an industrial area).

• Visited October 2013
Swansea, Illinois
“Great food, plenty of space, limited parking”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Had lunch here and it was great. Plenty of food and very tasty. No real lunch plates, so it was really more than I could eat.

Price was god, but no sweet tea. I thought that was a BBQ staple.

Plenty of seating inside, but beware of the limited parking. They are in the entire building so it is not as bad as it looks.

I will go back.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank David F

Been to Pig In Pig Out? Share your experiences!