“Step Back in Time”

Old Mill Tasty Shop
Ranked #14 of 1,096 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Soups
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I've been here several times, but have always had the New York Chicken Salad Sandwich. It's one you won't forget. You'll definitely go back as often as possible.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Saw the great reviews so I figured I'd give this place a try. Hmmm...was not impressed. The atmosphere was alright if you like that sort of thing, but I was expecting something more. The food was horrible. I had the special that day which was chicken and dumplings, highly recommended by my waitress. That gal has bad taste. The chicken and dumpling was salty and dry. Where had all the liquid gone? I don't care if it's "homemade", it has to taste good. The carrot cake was alright. Too much frosting. I love frosting, but don't need an inch of it on my cake.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Delish food for a very realistic rice - very much appreciated as a traveler! Very home-cooking feel and the hand made sodas are incredible! Def recommend.

1  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I am huge fan of Mom and Pop shops and try to find one in every city I travel to. This place did not disappoint! Not know the specialties I asked my waitress for here recommendation, she quickly responded with the "Chicken Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, and home cooked Green Beans" which was the day’s Blue Plate Special. I honestly felt like I was eating a home cooked meal, not some re-heated premade patty from a chain restaurant. I only regret not having enough room for a shake, maybe next time.

1  Thank Kitsho
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I took my daughter here for lunch. Our food was good, service was good, & prices were reasonable. Atmosphere was nostalgic, & they have a wide variety of food options.