“wait time”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a reservation, we showed 15 mins early and still waited over an hour. This was only real problem

Reviewed 5 March 2014

It is what it is- hibachi grill meal. You pay for the show. The seafood isn't fantastic, nor the steak. Yep, you pay for the show. I do enjoy their Sushi & think it is very fresh but it is hard to order it if you are there with people doing the grill table cuz your sushi is so slow it comes out AFTER your hibachi meal. I've had my cocktails & sushi arrive so late so many times- I don't order it if we are there for the grill table meal. Also- we hate the "call ahead" program instead of reservations!!!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Sumo is one of our faves. It's modern vibe is cool. Food is good. But, their inefficient seating system is ridiculously slow... get there before 5 pm or don't bother.

1  Thank Joesasnak
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Absolutely the worst customer service we have ever had. Called ahead for a 5:30pm party of 8, checked in at 5:25pm with everyone... Was told table was almost ready... 20 minutes later inquired and told we were next... 20 minutes later, checked in and watched the lady (manager) put three people right on top of our reservation... When I complained she just said sorry we don't guarantee times... Entirely unacceptable business practice to place others ahead of people who have been waiting and did the right thing and called ahead... Avoid this place at all costs, there are many fine hibachi and sushi establishments in Wichita that treat their customers with basic dignity and respect... Sumo's has become overpriced, reduced quality and now horrible with customer service...

2  Thank TravelingFootballDad
Reviewed 15 November 2013

One of the nice things about dining at a hibachi grill while traveling on business is that there is always a lone seat at the next available grill. I ate this past week at Sumo on the recommendation of my latest client. What a great suggestion it was. The service was wonderful and the meal was as delicious as it was entertaining. The chef even had a number of new tricks up his sleeve that I have never seen before in all my travels. Well done, Sumo!

1  Thank TexasVoyager_BW