“Unexpected Find in Wichita, Kansas”

Red Rock Canyon Grill
Ranked #1 of 1,059 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I were traveling thru Wichita and thoroughly enjoyed the entire dining experience. Despite the fact that it was the night before Thanksgiving and the resaturant was extremely busy, our experience - from the minute we walked thru the door till we walked out with to-go meals for family we were picking up later at the airport - was excellent. Without reservations, we were seated immediately. The hostess was very friendly. Brandon, our server, was informative, attentive and friendly. Our meals were very tasty. I had the vegetable platter and chose a "little" house salad, cornbread, mushrooms, zucchini and couscous for a mere $15.50. Everything was cooked to perfection and delicious. We will be back.

There are newer reviews for Red Rock Canyon Grill

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were in town after a bad experience at another local Wichita eating establishment. The grouchy hostess with the extra heavy amount of eye shadow really turned us off from minute one. While we were in line we witnessed another hostess person with the scarf around her neck come up to the hostess station and borrow the other hostess' lip balm which about made us sick on the spot. So right off the bat they told us it would be a 50 minute wait and we agreed. Well, after one hour and 20 minutes and seeing people without reservations who came in after us being seated we asked where we were on the list. And again, the snotty hostess with the extra eye shadow got really defensive with my wife. So finally our buzzer thing goes off and we walk to be seated and passed at least one empty booth while being led to a half booth with two chairs on the other side. So let me get this right, you make us wait at least one hour and 20 minutes and then give us the worst most uncomfortable seat in the house because the hostess didn't like us? I don't think so! We spoke to the manager which in turn made it right with us although I'm still shaking my head over the whole ordeal. The food was acceptable as was the wait staff and we turned a bad situation with a snotty hostess into an ok evening.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife & I have been here twice this year. The food is always very good, & the service is top notch. They have great drinks to choose from, & the patio is a great place to enjoy a meal.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We live about an hour from Wichita and Red Rock Canyon Grill has become a favorite for us. It has never disappointed. A great atmosphere and amazing food.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

A new project and a new town for me this past month. Having found some dining gems with TripAdvisor in the past, I decided to give it another try. Red Rock Canyon Grill was ranked 3rd in Wichita and near the office so off to dinner I went. They shoot and they SCORE! This has been one of the best dining experiences I can recall from start to finish. The hostess, noting that I had a novel in hand to read, led me to a quite and well lit part of the restaurant. The waitress was there not a minute later with a warm welcome, engaging conversation, and a well thought out list of recommendations. These were not the run -of-the-mill "daily specials" jotted on the back of a coaster but what she sincerely thought to be the best they had to offer. The salad that she suggested, of all things, was a savory surprise. The smokey St. Louis style ribs were cooked to fall-off-the-bone perfection. Though my favorite Kansas Boulevard pale ale was nowhere to be found she guided me a fine Merlot worth a second glass. No less than six other wait staff and even the manager stopped by my lonely table of one in the most remote end of the floor to ask how the meal was that night. Although I blew my per-diem in one sitting, it was worth every cent for both the fare and the service. My only complaint is that there was just too much wonderful food to finish. Impressive all around. If this is merely 3rd here, what are the top two?