“Doesn't stack up”

Saigon Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 1,095 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I know Vietnamese food. I've eaten at many very good places. This is not one of them. Their fish sauce is disgusting. Their peanut sauce is awful. The BBQ pork is all fat. Before you disregard this review as unfair or biased, go to Mai's or Kim Son in Houston, TX. I gave Saigon 2 stars because their pho is decent.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

The Saigon cafe simply has good food, we come here whenever we visit Wichita. It's not your usual Asian American cuisine. For example, the sweet and sour chicken has no breading or visable sauce like most Chinese places serve it. Noodle dishes are probably the best deal. Dinner can get on the high side ($40 in total for four people after tax/tip). Lunch is sometimes quite crowded though, so be aware. The service is not the greatest though, we were asked to move for no apperant reason. Also, when asked about what made up the noodle sauce, the waitress at first deliberatly avoided the question, then reluctantly told us it was only made of fish sauce and sugar. This was obviously not true, we had tried making that before. I don't like being lied to. However, if you want good asain food in Wichita, this is the place.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

A very good experience, the food is unique and well prepared. I like the vetetable content of this quisine and this is the best in Wichita. Location is near the oriental population center and is a little shabby but the food is great and the service is excellent. You will enjoy.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

I've been eating here for years, and it never gets old. Service is prompt and no-nonsense, the meals come out quickly, and the food and coffee are fantastic. I've heard from some people that this is not truly "authentic" Vietnamese food---but it's so tasty, who cares?

Reviewed 14 December 2008

A huge selection of tasty, fresh dishes. We travel 250 miles to eat and bring back food for friends who are also hooked. Extremely fast service and inexpensive. Week day lunches are busy with doctors, lawyers and bank workers from surrounding buildings. Be careful at night as not in the safest part of Wichita. We pick up food and take to motel to eat at night. Try #49 which is chicken noodle bowl w/ egg roll. That's my favorite.