“It's an old school style diner indeed.”
Review of Beacon Restaurant

Beacon Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 1,107 Restaurants in Wichita
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were looking for a place to have breakfast in the Old Town area and saw this spot. We were seated quickly and our drinks were delivered quick enough.

Between the four of us we had the waffles, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, and an omelet. The only complaint was from the twelve year old who didn't like his pancakes because, "they taste funny". I tried them and quickly noticed it was the syrup he was referring to. It did taste unusual so I'm guessing they use a more heavy maple concentration in their syrup or perhaps a sugar free syrup. I didn't mind him not eating it once I tried it. The other dishes were tasty and well portioned.

Finding a parking spot was tricky as there aren't many and the ones that were available looked as if they'd been interesting on backing out of. We chose to park a block away in a better parking area and walk to the restaurant.

We were in and out in under 40 minutes. It's a true old school diner and it's exactly what you'd expect it to be. As it is the only one of it's kind in the down town area it serves its' purpose well.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

The Beacon Diner (I know it as the Beacon Diner, not the Beacon Restaurant), is where real Kansans go to eat real Kansas food and talk about real Kansas stuff. It is the definition of a local joint.

If you're a traveler here, then Beacon Diner is the spot for breakfast. Doo-Dah Diner is where you go to buy a Wichita flag sticker. Beacon Diner is where you go to see a real slice of life.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Warm friendly welcome. Food was good . Service was great . Good hash browns. Good coffee. I will definitely return.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was busy when we arrived. We waited about 20 minutes, but was worth the wait. I ordered an omelet with everything including avocado. It was delicious, but avocado a little under ripe. Biscuits and gravy were so good. My husband ordered pancakes, eggs and sausage. The pancakes were huge. We had great service. Our waitress was efficient and very friendly. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We stopped here for lunch before going back on the road home.
The service was slow but probably because the place was packed.
I had an open faced sandwich with mashed potatoes smothered with gravy, it was pretty good though the side salad was a couple pieces of lettuce and a slice of tomatoes.

It's very homestyle, freshly cooked and diner looking. They have little models of lighthouses all around which my son liked looking at.

If you're in for a quick, cheap bite, this place is right downtown close to the World Treasures Museum.

Been to Beacon Restaurant? Share your experiences!