“Quiet, calm place to enjoy a meal”

Larkspur Bistro & Bar
Ranked #18 of 1,079 Restaurants in Wichita
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went in July for dinner on a Monday Night. It was more empty than full, We had gotten there about 6:30.
The waiter was great, took care of us without hovering. But I was disappointed with my meal and wished I had gone with pasta. I ordered the Cherry Pork Tenderloin, the meat portion was huge, too much, but the potatoes lacked. They were fingering potatoes they had sliced and deep friend. They had no flavor and the color of the plate was very dark and unappetizing. I have been here three times now and I my two earlier meals were much better. Their mashed potatoes are really good.
They also serve Delano's heath bread, which is outstanding, with a tiny plate of spices and olive oil, and only one piece of bread. Come on, put a basket of bread of the table already.
We did have dessert, mine was okay. It was a chocolate bread pudding. I love bread pudding and have some really really good ones, this wasn't one of those. What the others got looked good and they seem to enjoy theirs.
All in all a generic good place to eat and will go back. Price is around 20.00 per person with coffee and a salad. Would recommend the chicken and salmon dishes.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Nice atmosphere, good food, but nothing unique. The service was average. I ordered the ribeye, my wife had salmon. My ribeye was ok - nothing special. I continue to hear that the Larkspur is the best in town? I would rate the food as Applebee's quality at a "good restaurant" pricing.

The drinks were good.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was at a business meeting in the "Old Town" area and we chose this place for drinks and dinner. My business associate and I arrived early to enjoy a before dinner drink. I was very pleased with the selection of beer and wine that was available. The lounge was a nice pleasant, relaxing piano bar. We enjoyed a couple of drinks before our social hour and dinner. The food choices were also diverse and with a great selection. My meal was good and the preparation was to my liking, don't forget dessert, it was very good too. Overall it was a good choice for drinks, dinner and relaxation. I have no problem patronizing this place again on my next trip to Wichita. BTW, It's only a short walk to a couple of hotels in the "Old Town" area..

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, good gourmet food for catered corporate plated meal, but nothing especially unique. They offered 3 entree options and 3 dessert options to choose from in advance. They had a good-sized room to host large groups. Staff was accommodating and friendly. Group room was well air conditioned so it was cold.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We enjoyed Larkspur for lunch. We were visiting the nearby World of reassures Museum and stepped out for lunch and a little break. The food was fresh, presented well and the service was attentive. There is a nice patio if weather permitting.