“Fish tacos- yuck”

River City Brewery
Ranked #8 of 1,043 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ks
“Fish tacos- yuck”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Usually get fish and chips which are decent. Fish tacos are a pile of mushy tilapia with a glop of guacamole and some lettuce with dribbles of a red sauce. It was very salty and tasteless. Served with white rice.

• Visited August 2014

Axel, The Netherlands
“Great beer, average food”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The beer is absolutely fine in the River City Brewery. The food is what I expect in a pub or bar, not bad, not really healthy but it tastes well and the portions are fine. Parking might be an issue when the old part of town is busy but we had not issue parking. The atmosphere is great for a catch up with friends or business connections. It would not be my choice as alternate for a family restaurant but it is a great place for all people over 16 ;-)

Marion, Iowa, USA
“Dinner and beer”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stopped there after the hotel person recommended the River City Brewery for good food and their own brews. And the recommendation was great.

Visited July 2014
Naperville, Illinois
“Excellent food and beer”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a nice late lunch here. Everyone enjoyed their food and the beer they make is top notch. Very good, friendly service and the prices were very affordable. Our waitress even brought us some samples of beers we didn't order just so we could try them. They seem to have lots of specials, so make sure they you check them out.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good beers / food at River City!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We always try to find a craft brewery / brewpub when we travel, so when we got together in Wichita for a family reunion, this seemed like the perfect place. They were able to accomodate our group of 20+ with no problem on a Saturday night at 6:00 (reservation).

This is a really cool place in Old Town with a huge bar, and it's pretty open with a nice view of the brewing operations through the glass behind the bar. A lot of cool, classic 'beer sayings' and quotes line the walls. Upstairs is an area that has live bands on Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights, pool tables, and other games and was a favorite of the kids.

We tried a few different things off of the menu. We started with the Cactus Queso, which is your standard cheese dip with tortilla chips. Nothing special here - pretty standard queso dip. Wasn't that hot when it arrived, so maybe was sitting out awhile. For entrees, I got the Top Sirloin. Was a delicious steak with a blue cheese chive butter. Flavor was great, but the steak itself was a bit fatty. Served with some roasted potatoes and I subbed out the veggies for the beer bread, which was fantastic. My wife got the 'Brewben', which is their take on the reuben and she said it was very good. Kids got the mac and cheese, and this was the best thing that we tasted. Incredibly creamy, cheesy with large shell noodles. We got the standard for the kids, but they also had a buffalo, shrimp and fried chicken mac and cheese. Some of the best mac and cheese I've had. Others in the group got burgers, pizzas, chicken fried steak. Apparently their Adobo burger was outstanding. But food-wise, a big menu with lost of offerings (specialty burgers, specialty pizzas, deserts).

At a craft brewery, you have to have some beers, right? I had the 'Tornado Alley' IPA which was a pretty standard IPA. Not as much fruity, floral hops as I typically like. My wife had the Dimwit, which is a pale wheat ale. Pretty tasty. I tried their stout too and it was OK. I've had much better beers, but I've had worse too.

Service was outstanding - can't remember the girl's name, but we had 4 tables in one section for our group and she was constantly there and checking on us, re-filling drinks and never had to wait for anything.

I'd definitely go back and try more of their beers when we had more time. I will probably try one of their specialty pizzas or burgers and would recommend doing the beer sampler too (you get 8 of them) to see which kind you like best before ordering a pint.

Really liked the place - was a solid 4 out of 5.

• Visited July 2014

Been to River City Brewery? Share your experiences!