“Best, Clean, Friendly Motel to stay at!”

Motel 6 Wichita East
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have never been to Wichita & had to go on emergency trip for my wife to see her mom in the hospital. I called & talked to the manager "Ron Kidwell"several times as I traveled to get there & he gave me directions, restaurants, even where to get flowers! I got lost using a toll road coming there & he helped me figure out where I was & what to do, to be able to easily find the motel. He had us laughing when we really needed it, as my family was stressed & I was exhausted after driving 947 miles to reach the motel. He really made us feel welcomed and went out of his way to even find a motel 6 to stay at midway on our return trip home. He was what really Stood Out, as the Best overall service & the main reason of why I would return again!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs have all been remodeled and great 32 in Flat screen tv's.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ron K, General Manager at Motel 6 Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

David,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for this review! We are very pleased that your visit with us was a great one. We take great pride in making every guest experience pleasantly memorable. We hope to be your choice should your travels bring you back through Wichita.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The manager is very hospitable and accommodating. The rooms are clean. The location could be better, it's on a one way street. There is no breakfast but they do serve fresh coffee. I have stayed here on several times and have never been disappointed.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ron K, General Manager at Motel 6 Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking your time to let me know how we are doing. I very much appreciate the feedback! I hope to be able to serve you in the future! Thanks again,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great spot. Ron and the entire staff view this property as their own, and it shows! I cant say enough about their hospitality and assistance in finding things around town. Perfect location: not stuck in middle of congestion, and access to all w/in minutes. I checked a bunch of other places around, and they were overpriced. Super8 next door was newer property, but front desk had attitude. Glad I stayed here.

• Stayed: October 2013
Ron K, General Manager at Motel 6 Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Jolex 12,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice endorsement. I'm glad you stayed here too.

I'm so very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back again!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

You must check out the Econo lodge The view from the room was very sweet. I had never been to Kansas and I absolutely loved it. The GM was so super nice and the other staff as well. Rooms were clean, clean. I will definately be back. Very reasonable price. i didnt want to leave!!

Room Tip: room 225 had a sweet view. It was so comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cherie m
econolodge_Wichita, General Manager at Motel 6 Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful endorsement.

I'm so very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back again!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This hotel has a lot that goes wrong, First we checked in and they had the reservation for only Friday night and Saturday night, but the reservation was made for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Second the house keeping has lot to work to learn. On Saturday they didn't clean. I noticed that there was mold in the bathroom. When went tot the front desk to ask for towels to use to clean up with, I was told that the person could not leave the front.

Then there was my sister who has a reservation for two rooms at the same time, the hotel had her for only one night and one room. After she told them that she would find another place, they still had her having a reservation there.

The rooms are really small in the this hotel. We had a double bed and a desk were you could not set in the chair to use it and a bath that was big enough just to turn around it.

It seem like some of the staff had their act together. And others needed a lot more training.

The high light was at least on the of the front people had a good sense of humor. He was good to deal with.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room is big enough for your party.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
econolodge_Wichita, General Manager at Motel 6 Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

First, let me thank you for taking the time to give a review. Feedback is very important to me as it helps guide my training efforts.

Your reservation was booked through a third party and was for 3 nights from the start. Third party reservations are not extendable and can only be changed with the third parties permission.

Saturday, the housekeeping team came by and were told service was not necessary, so they moved on. Apparently this was a miscommunications and you simply wanted service later in the morning. Miscommunications happen and I'm sorry it happened to you. We were happy to exchange your towels and I insured a thorough cleaning was done Sunday morning.

You are absolutely right that some of my staff needs further training, the Guest Service Agent who checked you in was working her second week alone. I also have another fairly new GSR as well as a very new housekeeper. Training is continuous for myself as well as my staff. No one ever knows everything and time will hone the skills.

Room size is what it is. The rooms can become crowded easily with 3 adults on a 3 day stay.

I very much enjoyed my time speaking with you and I hope you will be back on your next stop in Wichita.

General Manager.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We just needed a hotel overnight for a funeral. This fit our needs. It is older, but clean with friendly staff. Breakfast consisted of cereal and a pastry, so if you prefer a bigger breakfast you will need to go elsewhere. This was easy to access and had several resturants near by.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank inhisagape

I hope to be able to serve you in the future!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Been staying here for years. Ron Kidwell is the general manager, and seems to offer his ALL to everyone! I live on the road, and know of no other lodging facility, that would equal the genuinely helpful service that this facility offers. Thanks to all!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GLENN G

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

It's always a pleasure when you stay here. The staff and myself consider you family.

I hope to see you again soon!

Ron