“nice staff....awful otherwise.”

Motel 6 Wichita Airport
Ranked #65 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This was one of my most miserable hotel experiences ever. Foul odor. Dirty room. Poor shower. Loud AC. I really don't know why we didn't complain and go elsewhere. Really nothing good to say....and I always look for a positive somewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnnie B

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Took my brother to Wichita for a doctors visit and decided to give this place a try, big mistake. Bedding had burn marks(non smoking room) what appeared to be (maybe) blood or something similar on the wall. Night time came and went outside and thought I was in the ghetto and could have found drugs and gang bangers. Not a very pleasant atmosphere. Would not recommend because I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Nothing here would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Room very poor condition:

Multiple cigarette burns in bed from multiple beds, ripped/torn sheets. carpet was really dirty and not vacuumed well, found a couple of insects crawling on tables, no light bulb in one or the lights, has spilt/dry soda all over the tv, No towels in bathroom after room was cleaned the following day, toilet had flushing problems, internet was really bad/weak and kept disconnecting (multiple people and devices had this issue, so it wasn't a computer issue), tv picture was very fuzzy on all channels in multiple rooms. Surprisingly, the staff was great and attentive and really accommodating.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bassposaune
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that I travel extensively 50 weeks out of the year and my company books my rooms for me at either Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn. I'm not one to complain and rarely do but I just couldn't let this pass. The front desk personnel are very unprofessional in both appearance and in tack. The room was nonsmokers but reeked of cigarette smell. Asked for and received another room. This rooms carpet was nasty and smelled terrible. Being tired and road weary I decided to let it go. During the night I was awakened on numerous occasions by loud music and fighting from both current residents and people passing thru. Got up to go to restroom and on one wall there eas 5 large roaches and hundreds of ants. Requested another room for following night as I was stuck there per my company. My third room was just as bad. This plan is a joke. Please avoid at all costs!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank harryscards
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The desk person was friendly. End of anything good about this place. Perhaps not all Motel 6's fault. This is a shady neighborhood. I looked out the window half a dozzen times to make sure my truck was still there. Room was shabby and old, no bad smells but way past it's prime. Tv was barely working but the place did have free wifi. The bathroom was updated recently so it was ok. I have now found out for about $20 more one can stay in nice safe place with free breakfast. I am done with the leave the lights on place.

Room Tip: Drive on past.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I checked into the motel early evening, and my first impression was nice. The bedspread looked new, the bathroom also. Further into my evening after unpacking I settled down to watch tv and the tv had a broken stand and was sitting crooked,also had static.
But the biggest complaint about this motel was the night clerk and the events that happened because of him. He rented the room next to me at 3 am to a few young people who was out to party or ??? something. The motel was practically empty on a Saturday night. These people were loud, laughing, talking & argueing both in the parking lot outside my room and inside their room. It took 4 calls to the night clerk before I ended up calling 911. Let me explain why I call the police. I am a 52 yr old woman traveling with a 2 yr old granddaughter. During daylight these people probably would not catch my eye but at 3 am alone in a strange city and the way they were acting, I was really scared. Police showed up at 5:30 am to see that the people had left 3 minutes prior to them showing up. Little sleep did I get. The night clerk did not seem to care about this situation nor me and my granddaughter.
Why would he rent the room next to me ( don't they look to see who is in the motel in order to find an appropierate room for guests? ) when there were so many other empty rooms. And at 3 am!
Another thought, is this motel used for drug deals, party goers, ahem and other such uses?

P.S. The shower head sucked too. And the carpets were filthy, our feet were black from walking barefoot on them.

To end the story/review after demanding a refund, it was given reluctlently. Excuse the spelling!

Room Tip: READ THE REVIEWS FROM THE MOTEL/HOTEL BEFORE YOU CHOOSE ONE. I did this for the next city I stayed...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shirleyamh
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have stayed at many Motel 6's, mostly across the west. I'm not a prissy person. Motels are motels, economical and basic. I am adventurous and don't scare easily.Check in was quick and easy. However, I don't see what was "refreshed"about this hotel. It didn't need to be new to be clean. My carpet was stained with something horrifying, the bed smelled funny, and my table and bathroom were filthy. There was a prostitute (who was not shy about her intentions) across the way. It was loud and filled with shady people. Very sinister. The last straw was when I had to hide in my bathroom because someone was banging on the door next door, yelling about knowing someone was in there and give them their money. Well, that and the two dead cockroaches outside my door. I seriously felt like I was reliving that scene in "Big"where Tom Hanks curls up in that brothel type hotel. I shouldn't have to fear for my safety when in a well established chain. When I told the clerk I feared for my safety and hygiene and needed to check out, I was told to call the manager, whom I have yet to hear from. I went to the Holiday Inn down the way and had a much nicer, quieter, cleaner experience. Don't stay here! It is definitely NOT what you expect from a Motel 6.

• Stayed: May 2012