“Cockroaches!”

Playa Azul Authenic Mexican
Ranked #581 of 1,082 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have ate at this location twice, once in June 2013 and again in February 2014. Both times I have seen cockroaches on the dining room wall. During the February 2014 visit, a friend also found a fly in her drink. Bathrooms were gross.

1  Thank EEL_0288

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We were on a time crunch to eat dinner before we went to the Century II . We just happened upon Playa Azul & they were able to get our dinner extremely fast & it was super cheap. We both enjoyed our food & were happy that we were able to make it to the opera on time. The location of the restaurant was very quaint & I enjoyed the bright festive colors in the dining area.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Nothing special about the food and most of the staff was not all that friendly, except for the manager who shamelessly hit on my wife, so I guess he was pretty friendly. I will say it is affordable dining, so at least it is priced to match the experience you get.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here while staying in Wichita last week on business. Service was good and the fajitas were very good. Portions are large and prices are very affordable. Nothing fancy, but colorful atmosphere and a good cheap meal.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Easily the worst Mexican food I have eaten in decades. Goofy decor. Salsa with zero taste (I don't mean heat, I mean no flavor). Avoid the Pollo Loco -- weird squiggles of chicken. You will be challenged to detect any difference between a cheese enchilada and a chicken enchilada because it's all one big puddle of "Mexican food" on your combo plate. Eesh.

In an effort to say something nice: The discount margaritas (something like $2 each) were better than expected. And the parking lot is big.