Quality Inn South
Pawnee Inn(Wichita)
Sleep Inn(Haysville)
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewschoice rewardsroom was cleanelectrical outletstwo double bedsnext morningbiscuits and gravyroad tripbusiness centerwafflesconvenient locationwould stay here againinterstatepillowshairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here on our way back from KC. We used loyalty points and received the same service as if we had paid for the room. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good in the sense that it offered some hot items but overall was not exceptional. It had run out of biscuits and there was no attendant to bring more. The bed was comfortable but, as mentioned in every other review I read, right next to the front door. The shower and TV were fine but we had a problem with the Wi-Fi. My primary problem was with the electrical outlets next to the bed. This is important to someone who uses a C-Pap as I do and the outlet was located directly behind the bed, making it necessary to pull the mattress away from the wall to reach it.

Room Tip: No elevator so get a ground floor room if that is an issue for you.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Our car was broken into overnight, and the police said this was the 15th incident in the last 3 months. They said that they were getting no cooperation from the hotel owner. The hotel had a small note on the front desk telling people what to do if they were the victim of a crime, but frankly we didn't notice it when we checked in after a long day of driving. The front desk was very unhelpful in responding to the incident. We were lucky to have duct tape with us and had to find cardboard at a local Starbucks. As others have mentioned, the toilet kept cycling, the bed was right by the door, and the place was not very clean. We had to stay 2 nights, and the front stairs.were very dirty with no sign of any vacuuming. On the plus side, the breakfast was fine, and the coffee was pretty good..The bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: If you stay there, be sure to remove EVERYTHING from your car.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D P
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The room is decently sized, but the one bed is so close to the door that the door almost hits it when you come in.
The room was clean and quiet.
Breakfast selection was excellent and coffee was good. dining area was clean, well-lit and spacious.
Staff were all pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was in town for 3 days recently. The first night, the toilet cycled every 20 minutes or so. Did not sleep well that night. Contacted the front counter the next morning and the toilet was fixed when I got back that evening.

My review is that, yes, this is an old hotel, but the rate is reflective of that. I am awarding the hotel some points, based upon the value merit. You walk into the room and you physically walk into the bed. No joke. The bathroom is an uncomfortable situation to talk about. The bathroom tiles are broken, and I did not feel comfortable walking on them without shoes, so I put towels down. Yes, I had problems with the toilet. I swear that the shower heads are mounted at 4'6" above the drain. Not good for a 6'+ guy. They need to install some of those shower head relocation arms to get it to a reasonable height. The vanity had smoke burns in it. I only showered there once in 3 days, and showered at my gym's location for the other two days. Also, be prepared: There are no elevators.

On the positive, the hotel had a good selection of cable TV, and the air conditioning cooled to my expectations. I seen positive reviews of the breakfast, but I was out of the hotel too early to try it.

As far as things around the hotel, there really isn't any. There is a gas station located around the corner from the hotel, but that is about it. For any food or entertainment, you will be driving about 7 miles to east and west Kellogg to do anything.

The hotel corridor really isn't bad, the staff is friendly, but the rooms need a total renovation.

Room Tip: The west side is against I-135 and the east side is streetside. Prepare yourself to hear trucks and semi's start early in the morning on the east side. Prepare to hear traffic all night on the west side. You're call.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Arrived at motel to find the pool closed for winter it was 87 degrees. Wanted to do some laundry to find that both machines were broke. Opened door of room to nearly fall over the bed why it was in such a position god knows! Room was clean and met our requirements . There are no lifts to the second floor and given that we were travelling with two seniors this was not ideal for moving the luggage

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends