“Nice Stay”
Review of Wichita Marriott

Wichita Marriott
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for a quick weekend getaway. It was a great experience. We requested early check-in and when we got there our room was ready. The hotel public spaces are beautiful. The room was an average hotel room but very comfortable.

We ordered room service and it was timely and good. We also used the fitness center. This was well maintained and clean. All equipment seemed to be functioning welll which sometimes can be an issue in a hotel.

We particularly enjoyed the location as we were close to the mall and restaurants. I travel to Wichita frequently on business and this was the first time I had stayed here and would definitely stay again. We have stayed previously at the Hyatt but this seemed to be a much better price for a similar stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was travelling through Kansas and just needed a place for a quick overnight, so I wasn't really able to enjoy all the amenities this hotel offers. Let me start by saying this full-service Marriott has the NICEST employees. Everybody here is welcoming and friendly! Truly a superior staff! This is definitely a luxury hotel.

Parking and wifi are free. The hotel has a huge, beautiful lobby. My room was clean and functional. There were luxury feather-top blankets that were very kushy. The bed wasn’t the greatest (I prefer firm), but it was comfortable for a night’s stay. The bathroom was very nice with high-end little shampoos and soaps and, most important, it was super clean. There was a frig and coffee pot.

Now, there was some confusion about breakfast; I am not whining about it, I am only mentioning it so that other guests don't make the same mistake I did. I read in the book in the room that breakfast was complimentary. So, I went downstairs and we enjoyed this AMAZING breakfast buffet (WAY too amazing to be free!). I was presented with a bill for about $28 for the breakfast for 2 (it was worth that). I went over and asked the gentleman at the front desk about it being complimentary, and he said NO, that breakfast is NOT complimentary. BUT, he was kind enough to comp it because of the misunderstanding either on my part or their part; I very much appreciate that. Bottom line is, if you can get a rate that includes this buffet – do so – because it was one of the best breakfast buffets I have every had. And, if your rate doesn't include it, I think it is worth the price you pay for it - just come hungry!

VERY VERY VERY nice staff – they are there to please their guests - management should be proud.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The lobby has been redone and it's beautiful. The rooms haven't been redone and are creaky. I'd read that the property was undergoing a rehab but it hadn't made it as far as our room. It wasn't bad, just old and small.

Like all Marriott's, the staff was cordial and helpful. The common areas were fine. The Concierge lounge is on the 1st floor. We like the upper floor version as they usually have a nice view. But the interior of the lounge was nice but not entirely welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SalfromIL
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel has been completely remodeled so the restaurant and bar on sit is much improved.
As well, they've got an excellent concierge which you'll have access to if you are gold/platinum Marriott Reward member.

If traveling for business, you'll have easy access to the Highway, and, if you like to healthy snacks, there is a Fresh Market grocery store which isn't too far away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was here for business checked in on a Sunday and original stay was to be until Saturday. Check in was quick and easy. The room was great plenty of space for me. I had a fridge to store water and juices. There is a lady whose job seems to be to greet guests as they enter the hotel. I looked forward to seeing her friendly face each day when I returned to the hotel from a long day at work. We ate one evening in the restaurant/bar onsite. Good food. Also spent one evening drinking there. The waiters/bar staff are great. Friendly and make great drinks. All staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. The location is great to get to Wal Mart or restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

The only downside is the internet is not very good. I was able to connect but it was extremely slow. Another co worker could not connect and even purchased the wifi and still could not connect. He has a longer stay than I did and is moving hotels because of this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My husband stayed at this fine hotel on the last leg of our two week road trip. As usual, we rolled in very late at night. Parking was a little sparse, there were a couple of cars with trailers that took up several spots each, but the lighting was pretty good. Eventually we found a place in the front under a light. The hotel was a little difficult to get to even though it is very visible from the highway. It turned out to be well worth the driving around. Everyone in the hotel staff that we dealt with were friendly, upbeat, and showed an interest in our well being! The room was clean and fresh. The bed was really comfy and our room was quiet as could be. I will not hesitate to stay here again and will recommend it to family and friends!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Barb357
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel is the most courteous, friendly, and fun I have ever seen. Everyone seems to legitimately enjoy their jobs and it really shines through. The hotel facilities itself are great with a nice gym with more weights than a typical Marriott and well kept rooms that made the stay very comfortable. I plan on staying here every time I'm in Wichita.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business