“Amazing staff”

Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stay at this hotel with work from time to time, and it is so nice. It is still the historical Broadview, but remodeled and updated. The staff is wonderful, and always willing to help. On this recent stay, I was to get in after their great, fresh complimentary breakfast was served, so I called ahead to see if I could get a plate of eggs saved for me. I spoke with Rickaya, and she was very nice and spoke with those in charge of it. When I arrived at the hotel a couple hours later and inquired about it, she directed me upstairs and a wonderful staff/server brought me a to go box of eggs and other breakfast items, still warm. It made my morning, which had been rough so far. Then, as I made my way to my room, my electronic key didn't work. After numerous trips, up and down the stairs with bad keys, Brian from behind the desk finally brought me one that worked and let me in to my room. Not only do they have a great breakfast, the Drury Kickback at 5:30 in the afternoons is nice. I was waiting for a drink, and a gentleman named Costello stepped up to the bar and helped me. He was very friendly as well. The gym is decent with free weights, treadmills, weight machines, bikes and elliptical machines. It lacks floor mats, but it is carpeted.

Room Tip: They are all nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was a first class stay with a first class staff! The check-in process was quick and friendly, the hotel is beautiful, the room was spacious and clean, the 5:30 Kickback and breakfast was fantastic! I highly recommend this hotel and will certainly be staying here again on my next visit to Wichita.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Love this hotel! First of all, it is a historic beautiful building that has kept some of its grander from the old days but they have totally updated the rooms so they are beautiful with all the modern conveniences. The finishes around the whole hotel are just beautiful!

Our room was spacious with a small fridge, microwave & nice big flat screen tv. It was all very clean & orderly.

They serve a "kickback" reception nightly 5:30-7:00 which was great. Last night it was mac & cheese, hotdogs, chicken strips, salad, baked potato along with adult beverages or pop. We had thought it would just be an appetizer but it ended up being so much food we didn't have to go anywhere for dinner. And their hot breakfast was wonderful too.... scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, pancakes & all the usual cereals & stuff like that. And all the workers are super friendly & helpful. Can't ask for better.

It is located right on the riverwalk which is fabulous! Just down the riverwalk are beautiful military honors & the great Keeper of the Plains Plaza. Definitely worth the walk down from the hotel - and at 9 pm they light the flame. A must see!!

Combine that with the pool, hot tub & laundry, I can't imagine a better place to stay in all of Wichita.

Room Tip: Any view from the hotel is nice but I would ask for one that overlooks the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the Drury for a weekend in May. We were very pleased. Our room had a great view of the river. The hotel was extremely clean. The beds were comfortable and the service was friendly. The breakfast, which is included, was very good. The only negative is that the doors slam easily, which is noisy. That would be easy for them to fix... We were in town for a dance competition and there several families staying there with our team. We were all pleased!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a very elegant place to stay. Our room overlooked the river walk along the Arkansas river. The view was spectacular! The breakfast was tasty and offered a lot of variety. The staff went out of its way to make sure we were able to have a room that would accommodate us and our pet. The room itself was spacious, clean, and had a great shower. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable and allowed for a good night's sleep. Due to other plans, we were unable to take advantage of the Kickback time but I think it's a great amenity for the hotel to offer. Another nice thing is the free parking in the parking lot across the street; access to the hotel is easy through a breezeway over the street. I also like that the hotel encourages (and says they will enforce) a quiet time after 10:00 p.m. This was one of the nicest hotels in which we have stayed. We would definitely stay here again if the opportunity allowed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very Nice place to stay.
Included light dinner and excellent breakfast...though both could have been hotter.
Very nice rooms with excellent climate control.
Upscale finishes with excellent shower.
Nice linens and comfortable mattress. Very, Very clean.
Excellent location to river walk and convention center and Theater where we saw an opera.
Once you figure the savings on meals for 2 people, the stay was about 70.00 per night.
We hope to return. Well done. Very Friendly and safe place to stay.

Room Tip: I had headphones but I'd choose a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were in Wichita for the State Science Fair so I selected this hotel based on location and proximity to the Century II convention center. I was completely surprised by the interior of the hotel and how well kept and maintained it is. I have never stayed at a Drury Inn and did not know what to expect, but enjoyed the evening "Kickback" which can either be snacks or can be made into a meal. Breakfast the next morning was great and had a wide variety of food available. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. This may be one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: The hotel is located downtown and parking is at a minimum. The Drury has it's own parking garag...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family