“Wow'd in Wichita”

Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We booked a single king room online for our anniversary and were thrilled at check-in when Brian at the front desk asked if we'd like to be upgraded to the "Presidential Suite". It was such a lovely gesture and the suite was gorgeous. We had a panoramic view of the river and city from large, clean windows. The historic hotel is beautifully restored and all of the staff were very cheerful, professional and attentive. The hot breakfast and evening munchies and drinks were included and plentiful. The parking is across the street with a covered walkway. We enjoyed the proximity to the river with nicely landscaped walking paths to the Veterans Memorial and Exploration Place. We caught the free Q-line Trolley just a block from the hotel to the Old Town entertainment district and were dropped back later outside the hotel. There is a lot to see and do in the area. We toured the Museum of World Treasures and had lunch at Hero's Sports Bar. It all made for a very romantic getaway. If you stay, be sure to ask to view the mosaic Black Bear Bosin mural that covers three walls in the grand ballroom - a must see!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a river view. Rooms on the south/east a city view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I were taking my mother and father to where my father grew up, south of Wichita. I surprised him with a room here as I understood from previous reviews that it had been redone. The renovation of this building was beautiful. They left much of the original architecture, including the mailbox at the elevator, where you could see envelopes sliding down. My father could remember staying there in the 1950's and in the 1970's. It is much different now. You must take a walk by the Arkansas River, just outside the hotel. We saw ducks (including AFLAC), and herons. We will stay there next time we need a walk through memory lane.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sosuemetoo
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Located at the west end of downtown along the Arkansas River a recent extensive renovation really makes this hotel stand out. Drury standards like a breakfast and afternoon reception along with friendly staff are appreciated, but the historic touches make this hotel stand out. Unfortunately the old mail drop along the elevator bay has been sealed but who is mailing letters these days anymore?

Room Tip: Room 307 is large with 2 beds and looks over the meeting room roof towards the river, park and trail...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have stayed here several times--it is Wichita grandson's favorite hotel--& it never disappoints. Last week was no exception. We were practically alone in the restaurant, pool, hot tubs, & common areas. Very quiet & private. There was a little more activity on the Mezzanine at happy hour & breakfast but this is just a pleasant, comfortable venue...perfect for spending time w/a soon to be 12 year old with lots to talk about. The food was fantastic both evenings (he didn't want to leave the property, preferring to return to "our restaurant" rather than try those nearby). We weren't sorry! Interesting menu, great service. The residential rooms are spacious, comfortable, & immaculate. The staff are always helpful & attentive. I appreciate the covered parking & also the convenience & safety of the protected walkway. All in all, we have NO complaints, many compliments, & we hope to return soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stopped in Wichita, KS on our way to Mount Rushmore. The location was convenient to
the highway, and priced right. We checked in, walked along the river next to the hotel, and contemplated where to have dinner. We were tired after a long days drive. My wife and I went to
the cocktail hour, which was much more than that. In addition to wine, beer, and bar drinks, there was a buffet of hot dogs, chili, baked potatoes, chips, salsa, etc. We never went out to dinner.
So, in addition to a wonderful hotel, we enjoyed this bonus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PiccyKingwood_Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Located in downtown Wichita, easy shuttle complimentary shuttle from the airport. Beautiful historic hotel, elegantly refurbished. Complimentary evening reception with high end spirits (e.g. Bombay Sapphire gin), a reasonable selection of eats - one could actually make this dinner. Hot breakfast also included, real scrambled eggs. From our shuttle driver to the service staff, everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and seemed genuinely happy to be working here. Nice indoor pool with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis. On the river, with a lovely walking / biking trail. Easy walk to many of the downtown eateries and right across the street from the convention center. The room was lovely and comfortable. We had a city view from the top floor - very nice.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smugepurr
Reviewed 9 August 2014

From the Shuttle Driver (Brandon) from the airport to the hotel (FREE) to the front desk crew (Ted and Aubrey), the Manager (Amanda) on to the kitchen staff (Catrina and Deborah) and final shuttle driver (Trent) the employee experience was awesome! The hotel is the original building restored to a very luxurious interior and it is always wonderful when old building are not torn down but are restored. The breakfast buffet (FREE and the staff refuse tips) was very excessive in choices and the food was well prepared. They cared about their guests to the point of allowing me to have them give me a wake up call even though I could set the radio and set it on the phone myself, my first day there for a conference I wanted to be certain that a call would come in to me so troubled them to set the call and after that day trusted the auto phone system. I was attending a conference in another hotel close by and when those working in the conference with me found out my rate, free breakfast (same as theirs for $15.99 - well they had omlete choice but is that worth the difference?) and that it was so very nice they were surprised. My final employee encounter was the shuttle driver (Trent) that took me back to the airport and he was just as engaging as Brandon that picked me up when I arrived. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, I do not have one negative comment to make about my stay, not one! One coworker was staying there too and he ate at the resturant one or two evenings and stated the food was excellent. They have a nice happy hour to kick back and relax. I did not have time to take advantage of the other offerings by the hotel such as the pool or hot tub but good to know those options are there for you as well. You can request a room with a view of the river. I did not have time but I walked the river each morning and evening from the conference and that was very pleasant. Find out for yourself.

Room Tip: My room had a view of the downtown area and it was fine. I imagine a view of the river is best but I...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business