“Fantastic!”
Review of Hotel at Old Town

Hotel at Old Town
Ranked #3 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This place is very comfortable. Kitchenettes in every room, great wi-f, lots of HD TV, good location and best of all, artifacts from the Keen Kutter factory that this hotel was converted from! Take a walk around each of the 4 floors and check out the all of the cool, functional old items that Keen Kutter used to make.
My room faced the internal courtyard, and had balcony, which I really enjoyed.
The blinds on the balcony don't close completely, and the internal lights never shut off, so if you need complete darkness to sleep, perhaps an outer wall room is a better choice.
The decor isn't exactly my favorite, but it's consistent and in good condition.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 October 2013

As I have said in my other reviews, a hotel has to do a lot to impress me.

For the price, this hotel was so-so. Staff was friendly, which was nice. If you like live jazz, you would probably like it. For me, it was irritating.

Breakfast was certainly above average. For that, I will upgrade it to four stars.

Room was decent, but nothing worth writing home about. I was here for a meeting. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have been elsewhere.

Bottom line, if you are in the area, it is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is perfectly located in downtown Wichita. There is quite of a nightlife around. It's close to museum, movie theatre, restaurant, bar, breweries, etc. Also, not too far from the river side or the cow town museum. The hotel is quite nice with giant suites and nice lobby.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicolas B
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We usually go to Kansas City, and my husband and I thought we would try Wichita. The hotel was better than we anticipated. It was fun to walk around and look at the sights. There is so much within walking distance--restaurants, bars, shops, and the theatre. The hotel has reserved two levels in the attached parking garage, so parking is safe and no problem. The room was large and very clean. I could tell the hotel staff had taken extra steps to make things extra nice. And let me repeat-things were very clean (super important to me). The towels, toilet paper, kleenex, and bedding all were folded in little fans and cute shapes. I will say that the "sounds of the city" bothered me throughout the night. I could hear music, talking, and the garbage trucks moving around in the morning--but, that is no fault of the hotel. They did have free w-fi, but you had to be in certain parts of your room to get reception. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel (it was $10 per person). They did have special tea and coffee in the lobby that we enjoyed as were were leaving. The hotel staff is pleasant and accomodating. We will definitely stay here again if we come back to Wichita to visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

For my birthday last year, my boyfriend had a surprice for me that was Hotel at Old Town, Wichita. He's from Wichita and I had just recently moved back to Oklahoma from Arizona. It was a pleasant surprice for our stay with the hotel. Hotel at Old Town is a beatiful historic building. It's right in the middle of downtown Wichita. Close to all the night life and activities. Inside the hotel is a beatiful historic looking atrium. Our room was nice facing the north side. It's within walking distance to all you need for a night out on the down. With restaurants and movies close by. I highly recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

A very historical place in a city which needs to keep all the history it has. This hotel met and exceeded my main requirements in a hotel...free non valet parking, good and numerous pillows, firm bed and good food at the breakfast bar. By the way, the staff was friendly even when I spilled popcorn in the room; the surroundings in the room and public areas were pleasant. Close to most tourist sites in Wichita.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Friendly staff, could walk to many places, great room. Enjoyed the bar area in the afternoon with live jazz. A lot of places in and around lobby to meet friends and sit and chat. Free breakfast in the morning which was adequate. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple