GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Wichita
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wichita Marriott(Wichita)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Where do I start?? First you could barely get in from the outside with that door that needs repair. You have to yank on it! When I walked in the room it smelled like urine! Strong urine. The mattress is thin and uncomfortable. The comforter had a hole in it and when I asked for another they said all they could give me was a sheet. The carpet had stains as did the "clean " towels. I didnt want to walk barefoot on the carpet because it was filthy. The remote back was missing and taped on. I could barely sleep because the smell in the room was so strong we had to use insence to mask it. Oh dont get me started on that horrible breakfast. Nasty orange juice and apple juice in little bitty dixie cups. And some sort of biscuits and gravy that left plenty to be desired. Plus was cold. I went for the bagels and a muffin. One type of cereal cornflakes out of a big cannister. Over all I knew we were getting an economy room but you definetly get what you pay for there! Also the computer had some kind of virus and it didnt work. The staff barely cared and didnt ask us how we enjoyed our stay. I was waiting for that. Do not stay in room 117. I dont know about the other rooms but goodness! The hall was reeked of stale cigarrette smoke so bad it turned my stomach.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LansingButterfly
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Room was very comfortable and clean, but breakfast definitely left something to be desired. Be prepared to go elsewhere unless your idea of a good breakfast is a small cup of coffee with a dixie cup of orange or apple juice.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I called in advance to make this reservation, wanting 2 queen size beds in the room. Being told their rooms met those expectations, I booked 2 rooms. We arrived, checked in, and then found 2 double beds in each room. It was very late at night, and with my elderly mother traveling with us, we couldn't move her yet again to another hotel. When I called the front desk to inform them of misrepresenting their rooms, the manager got on the phone and gave me a snarky response, "why don't you just check out?"

As I went down to get the last bag out of the car, I noticed the keyed lock (for security) on the door was broken, so they'd just ducktaped it closed! Anyone off the street was able to simply pull the door open and walk in. So much for security!

The breakfast was marginal, at best. Hard bisquits and instant coffee. Ugh.

I'm of the belief that this was, at one time, a beautiful hotel, as the lobby was very nice. That observation was the only positive comment I can honestly make.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2009

This motel was a total disappointment leaving my family and me with an insecure feeling about what was going on within the establishment. Everything is done at a "to get by with level.' The first washcloth I used had two large holes in it and was very thin - I assumed it was also used as a cleaning rag. The second wash cloth had mascara on it - leaving me to believe that laundry is not washed but that it is run through the dryer and folded again. Presto-saves money. My husband was up from 3:00 to 5:00 a.m. dealing with the air conditioner - it switched over to heat and was putting out a "HOT" smell. The chair in the room was our first indicator that all was not being run as a fine establishment that cared - the foot rest was broken and nicely tucked out of the way underneath the chair. The carpet had a huge stain of some kind - even a larger and very dark stain on the carpet right outside of our door - in a VERY dark hallway!!!!! The pool gate didn't have a safety lock on the gate. The pool area had WAY too many weeds and untrimmed grass. There were screens off of patio doors leaning up against the building and screens missing from windows. The wooden deck had been rotting for the past several years to be in that kind of shape. The picnic table under the gazebo was covered in bird droppings. The breakfast area had a strange "dirty smell" to it. The gravy was far from fresh. You could tell it is warmed up and set out each morning - not a fresh batch each day. My family and I had already decided that for the way everything else was scrimped on, we were not going to risk our digestive system with food from this establishment . As you can tell all of the above observations and experiences, are on going conditions and nothing is done to make improvements but just to keep maintaining and getting by with what they can. At check out time, the deskman didn't even ask how my stay was. *ALERT* he had heard it all before and it would have been like talking to deaf ears.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank bajarussell
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Was going to be in the Wichita area for a class reunion and needed a room for one night only. I chose this hotel even though others had "slammed" it in their reviews. It was where I needed a room, it was the right price range, it had breakfast in the am, and it had a pool, so I decided to give it a chance. We had a nice stay, the room was clean, the tub/shower was clean, the linens clean, the pool clean and inviting as it was 100 degrees the day we arrived. The only small snafu was that the air unit wasn't on when we opened the room and we had to wait for it to cool, but the unit worked well and the room cooled fairly quick and was comfortable for the rest of the stay. The breakfast in the am was nice with hot biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, bagels and cream cheese, fresh fruit, toast, apple and orange juice, milk and cereals to choose from. Much better than the half dried out pastries and coffee usually offered by hotels. So make up your own mind as to where you stay but I would definately stay again and have no problems recommending this hotel to others. No, its not a 5 star place, but its right for weekend stays with the family.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family