“Great Experience”

Extended Stay America - Wichita - East
Ranked #57 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I've stayed at this hotel four times now. We spent the last weekend in Wichita Kansas. The handicapped room is great. It has a roll in shower plus a large bathroom and living area which makes being in a wheel chair very nice. Plus the staff has always been great.

Room Tip: If your in a wheel chair you should stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donavon D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Donavon - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent experience with us in Wichita. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you have stayed at our hotel a total of 4 times and have enjoyed your stay with us each time. We value our guests opinions and their business, so it means a lot to hear such great feedback.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you very soon in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Brittany was there to welcome us at check-in. She was very helpful and friendly which was appreciated after a 10 hr drive. Our room was clean but modest in size and furnishings (not a problem for us). For the price it was a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Breakfast is "grab and go" -mainly snack items, oatmeal, muffins, and hot drinks. Overall I would stay again. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lupe E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Lupe - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Our team here in Wichita is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I am very pleased to have such wonderful staff members like Brittany that can welcome all of our guests when they arrive and assist them with any requests that they may have during their stay.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at wic@extendedstay.com, if you would like to speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

From the time I arrived until the time I left staff was VERY helpful and friendly. Room was very clean, hotel was very clean. Quiet (even though they were full.) Hot water anytime of day. Had
nice stove, fridge and microwave. Location great, out of the hustle of everything but easy to get to wherever you were going very quickly. Would stay again without thinking twice!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon S
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review of this property. I'm so pleased to hear that you were more than impressed with our staff and location but, even more importantly, your accommodations. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

After reading the last review was skeptical but was not disappointed here. Rooms were very nice. Had stove,refrigerator,microwave, dishwasher..a little bar, The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful. I needed directions and she immediately got a print-out so I had directions for my destination. The only thing I didn't find was a hair dryer.
I would stay here again.
The breakfast wasn't outstanding but was enough. nice apples and oranges, oatmeal, hot chocolate, muffins, low calorie bars and the best coffee. I would really like to know the brand, as it was the best I've had for a while!

Room Tip: Had the main level and it was nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rlr13
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm thrilled that chose to stay with us even though you were skeptical based on other reviews you have read and I am glad we able to turn your skepticism into a true believer! To answer your question regarding the Grab and Go Breakfast coffee, it is an exclusive brand of coffee named Citavo purchased through our food service partner, Sysco Foods. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

The staff was rude, the appliances in the room was either not working or not there. The so called free breakfast was coffee, no decaf, hot cocoa, muffins individually wrapped from Wal-mart shriveled up apples red and green, and granola bars. Very very disappointed . Would never stay again or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Acooperhouse
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your recent stay at our property in Wichita. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will personally have a coaching meeting to freshen my team on great guest service. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I greatly appreciate the time that you took to give us your feedback so we can improve in these areas that you mentioned. I hope that you will contact me directly, at wic@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I spend a lot of time on the road. About 40 weeks a year. So I've had my fair share of good and bad hotels, motels, and inns. This is one of the good ones. The rooms are clean, pillows are soft, and the staff is friendly and happy to see you. Truth be told, if nothing else was true, I'd come back just because the staff made me feel like they appreciated my being there. If you think that doesn't make a difference, try going without it.

• Stayed: February 2013
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for all of the kind things you have said. I'm thrilled that you received a warm welcome from the staff at this location and that you felt the room was comfortable. I have to agree with you, being greeted with a smile goes a long way! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

My furnace went out in my home, so I needed a place to stay until I could use small heaters to warm it up inside. I went on hotwire and locked in a price for a room. I had never heard of or stayed at an Extended Stay in America before. I saw that it was close to the Marriott, Comfort Inn-where I love staying when away on trips, and the Hampton. I did not know what to expect. Upon entry, the lobby had an extremely nice sitting area, it was very modern and clean. The staff already had my paperwork ready via computer. Staff was very professional and answered all of my questions. I was concerned about safety since this hotel was new to me. Staff Sheritta reassured me the facility was very safe, etc. When I opened the door to the one bedroom I was Extremely amazed. So many nice features, flat screen tv, additional channels, beautiful bed, clean, clean, clean, cause I was looking. The bathroom was very nice and the kitchen, Ithought I was at home. It had everything I needed. Very clean. Wow! I gave the housekeeper a compliment on how clean the room was and that I was looking for anything out of sorts. I honestly found nothing. I highly recommended east side Wichitas Extended Stay. Next time I hope the free breakfast will be up and running. Thank you Extended Stay of America.

• Stayed: December 2012
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful comments you made regarding our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you were impressed with our newly renovated lobby, our staff, the room layout and cleanliness. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!