Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East
Ranked #71 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The place is older, but it was clean and nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. The information on-line showed fireplaces, only one of the 4 rooms we booked had a fireplace, but I am sure that if we would have requested fireplaces for all they would have tried to accomodate. My cable wire for my TV was disconnected. I went to the front desk to inquire about it, and the staff walked me back to my room and fixed it immediately.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
wichitagm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us at the Hawthorn Suites Wichita- East. Thank you again for your kind words about our facility, we look forward to seeing you again!

Priscilla Gonzales

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed in a 2-bed room with a loft. I had an apartment with less space and no where near as nice appliances. Either the room had a "recent" update or is very well taken care of. The kitchen was very clean. We really didn't use any of the appliances other than the coffee maker and fridge but I wouldn't have had any problem cooking and eating a meal there.

The hotel is made up of multi-room "cottages" with rooms on the first and second floors. Each room has outdoor access only and stairs to the second floor. The grounds are well maintained but there could be a little more lighting.

The room is made up of a first floor and second floor loft. The downstairs bedroom has a bathroom and can be closed off from the rest of the room by double doors. The "living room" has a couch/pull out bed, two chairs, fire place and tv. The kitchen has a big ref with ice maker, microwave, full size stove top and oven, dishwasher, sink and a bar to sit at. The loft has bed and bathroom with shower stall only and a small tv.

The breakfast offered was decent. There were eggs every day along with bread, pastries, and cereal. Sausage patties and or sausage gravy were also available depending on the day.

For the more detailed inclined, there are a few issues. The carpet wasn't dirty but it seemed poorly laid and the pieces not joined very well. The downstairs bathroom shower head is at a good height for those about 5'9"(I'm 6'1" so i'm used to bending to get my head wet. This wasn't the worst I've experienced) The upstairs bathroom seemed to have a slightly higher shower head. The downstairs bedroom doesn't have a TV. I just dragged the tv into the bedroom but it was a pain. The air handling unit does make some noise and it is in the room. A light sleeper on the pull out couch might be bothered. And finally, the plumbing made a little noise like a loose pipe when the upstairs sink or toilet were used.
None of these things really impacted my enjoyment of the this room.

If I go back to Wichita this is where I will be staying without question.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ChristopherF

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us at the Hawthorn Suites Wichita-East. We enjoy hearing that you enjoyed your stay and your comments will help us to continue with perfecting our rooms for our guest. Thank you again for your kind words about our facility, we look forward to seeing you again!

Priscilla Gonzales,

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I came across this hotel here on tripadvisor and am glad that I did. I am here now and have been so pleasantly surprised given the low price I'm paying and what I'm getting. I will be here a total of a week - it has a full kitchen (not a kitchenette), a living area with a fireplace, comfortable bed and is very queit. The staff here are extremely friendly and helpful. Get this - they have "happy hour" M-TH evenings they serve food and beer (or soda, etc.). Have you ever heard of such a thing? I hadn't. If you are looking for a huge flat screen tv this isn't your place. If you are looking to come back relax, have the ability to cook instead of eating every meal out, relax with a beer and enjoy a fire (must purchase log at front desk for $5) look no further.

I need short-term lodging for close to a month and have already decided I'm staying here. It has everything I need and than some (such as daily cleaning). I would highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I was expecting a normal 60 dollar a night hotel room...what I got was basically my own 1 bed 1 bath apartment. When they say full kitchen, they mean FULL kitchen! Dishwasher, full size fridge AND pots/pans to cook with. I really was impressed...Hawthorn Suites just got bumped to the top of my preferred hotel list!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Will418
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We have just returned from our third stay at this property. Once again they excelled themselves beginning with guaranteeing me my preferred room number which was all made up and ready to go on arrival even though we checked in very late.Coffee, tea, popcorn all waiting for use and access in the reception area to hot drinks if required. A very helpful receptionist..Ricky..quickly and cheerfully checked us in with minimal fuss and then, when we were unable to use the free wi-fi, promised us a call back which duly arrived less than 5 minutes later from the providers who talked us through the access. The problem was because we had android phones and all was well after that. All this at midnight..we were very impressed.

Breakfast was available free every day..not lots of choice but plenty of it and staff always happy to help with anything not immediately to hand. Also, in the evening they serve just one dish of hot food..fajitas, spicy chicken wings, pasta etc. This was very tasty and came in handy on the evenings when you just couldn't be bothered to go out to another restaurant and have a big meal. There is also access to cold beers and sodas and all at no charge.

The rooms have not changed at all since out last stay and, if I'm honest, could probably do with a little modernising/decorating to freshen them up as they look a little tired, but they are always immaculately clean and the cooking facilities are great if you don't mind doing a bit of self catering.

What more can you ask for?Great! we will definitely return. Thankyou for another fab holiday

Room Tip: Rooms near reception are also on the road side of the hotel which can be very noisy, ask for a room...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I travel quite a bit for business, and this by far is one of my favorite places to stay.

It has a small apartment rather than hotel vibe - with a full kitchen and sitting area. Nice size pool and whirlpool (outdoor), Although it doesn't have a gym - the staff provides a pass to one of the nicest gyms in the area.

Staff is helpful and friendly.

For me, I love the ability to cook my meals on the road - and get a good workout in. This hotel provides this, plus more.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage, ask for a ground floor as the facility does not have elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2011

It was such a large room not your average size. There was even a fully stocked kitchen with supplies if you bring your own groceries and a bar seating area. The place was very clean the bed was comfy and the pool pristine. The breakfast was great. You could help yourself to eggs, sauage, gravy, biscuts, muffins, cereal, yogurt. This was a very nice continental breakfast included in the room rate. Price was wonderful for what you get. There was also a snack provided in the evening (little smokies and beverages) for free. There really is nothing negative I can say about this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family