“A great night's sleep”

Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Wichita, Kansas
“A great night's sleep”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Made a last minute decision to stay here overnight due to bad weather. They gave us a great deal and got us in quickly. The staff was very friendly and helpful. In the morning they made sure we had a good stay and the breakfast was really good. A very restful night's stay that I needed and I didn't have to deal with the snowy roads. I'd recommend it to anyone and will stay there if I ever need to stay close again due to the weather.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Danelle T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at Towne Place Suites on our way to Texas. The staff were very friendly and seemed to go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Would have given a 5 rating except for a couple things: The bathroom doors were sliding doors with very cheap locks and in one of our rooms, you could not lock it. The WIFI was pretty slow and breakfast was limited and it a small area. It was pretty crowded when we were eating. Overall a great place and after our night's stay on the way to Texas, I reserved 2 rooms for our return trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am glad that we met your expectations. I apologize the pocket door did not lock. I will speak with our Chief Engineer and make sure we do a better job of inspecting the rooms prior to our guest arrival. Thanks again for staying with us and returning.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 20 November 2013

After two mediocre and disappointing weeks at the Courtyard on the south side of 29th Street, I decided to check out the Towne Place on the north side. Wow. What an astounding difference. The Towne Place is markedly more well kept. Yes, the property seems to have been around for a while, but they clearly are striving to keep the entire site fresh and up to date. The rates are better than the Courtyard and there is no annoying 'Bistro' nonsense to nickel and dime you to death over a cup of yogurt. The rooms are larger and the beds are comfy. Above all, their staff is welcoming, engaging, and appreciative to have you stay as their valued guest. Perhaps, I'm just biased against hour long debates over rate codes at the Courtyard front desk. However, when you are genuinely welcomed as a Marriott Elite guest by the second sentence of a phone call, it does tend to stand out. Kudos to Chris at the front desk! Apparently, I'm not alone here. I have advised my company to send future travel here.

Room Tip: Request a room on the southwest side away from the highway for a quieter night's sleep.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasVoyager_BW
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you for a nice review of our property. I am sorry you did not have the same experience across the street. I also want to thank you for telling your company about your experience. I am pleased that you received the level of service that we strive everyday to achieve. We are very fortunate to have Chris as an employee. He is a huge part of why we do so well. Thanks for staying with us and feel free to stop by for yogurt anytime.
Bartlesville
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Have started coming to Wichita regularly for business. We have tried different hotels and so far this is the best hotel we have found for the money. Hotel staff was always friendly and more than willing to help. The hotel room was clean with plenty of room. Was not the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at BUT for the money you will not find a better room with better staff. Breakfast was typical of any hotel with cold cereal and fresh waffles. Would recommend to anyone looking for for a great deal on a room. Will be back again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hi Zachary W,

Thanks for your great response concerning your experience at our hotel. You had my favorite response which was you will be back. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed two nights (a Friday and Saturday night). We had a studio room which included a couch, medium size fridge, microwave, dishwashers (and dishes/silverware of course), and a half-stove. It has everything you could want to for a weekend or week stay. Bring some of your own food and cook it in the room to save some money on restaurants. They also have a snack area right by the front desk in case you want something quick. It is a good size snack bar with a good selection.

The location is good, It is right off the highway and has easy access to get on and off. There are some good restaurants close by too if/when you want to go out. A brewery chain, Granite City, is just down the road and is very good too.

One thing I hope they might add is a pool. Most hotels have them and we were looking forward to one, but found out they don't have one. I'd suggest an indoor pool. I know they are a lot of maintenance, but guests love them!

Overall, great service, great clean room and good set up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Nate,

Thanks for your great response. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I wanted to let you know that the "snack bar" or market as we refer to it is being upgraded with more items, so next time you are in Wichita make sure to it check out. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I hate traveling for work. I am currently here staying for one week. The GM & Chris are super friendly and accommodating, making my stay feel more like home. The rooms are very clean and spacious, and at a great price! I will be staying at TownePlace for all future business trips to Wichita. 5 stars for my great stay and hats off to hiring a great staff.

• Stayed October 2013
Holly,

Thanks for your great review concerning our hotel. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. Chris is very valuable to our team and we are fortunate to have him here. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.
Atlanta
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I spent a week at the TownePlace Suites Wichita while in town on a business trip. Lodging options are a bit limited in Wichita, and the TownePlace Suites offered a reliable experience. The hotel is basic, but offered a comfortable and clean room.

The room was a good size with a queen size bed, sitting area, and a small kitchen area. They offered the standard continental breakfast in the morning.

Chris checked me in and was great. He was very friendly and offered some good take out dining options.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. I hope next time we can "Wow" you with our service. Thanks for staying with us!