“Always Perfect”

TownePlace Suites Wichita East
Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Always great retreat with spacious suite, good breakfast, great amenities, quiet comfortable room. Great location bars, restaurants, shopping close. Good trained friendly staff members who will make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Choose a room on upper floors
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SecondSisterKC
JedSchanz, Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us. It is nice to hear that we met your expectations. We look forward to the next time you are in Wichita.

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Wichita East

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed 4 nights at this property and was treated well by all staff. However, Chris Welborn went above and beyond the call of duty to help me with a computer issue so I could get my boarding passes printed out. He was also very friendly and conducted himself very professionally.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Raud H
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. We are very fortunate to have someone like Chris. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know if there is something I can do for you.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

During a snow storm, I opted to stay at a hotel close to work instead of driving all the way home. They graciously gave us a discounted rate on our room because of the storm. The room was clean and well set up, breakfast was good, and all of the staff were so helpful and very professional. I will definitely refer others there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KansasAnn
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thanks for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad we were able to make the snowstorm a little easier to deal with. Sometime the snow makes it challenging for our staff. It is nice to know that we were still able to provide great service considering the weather. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Made a last minute decision to stay here overnight due to bad weather. They gave us a great deal and got us in quickly. The staff was very friendly and helpful. In the morning they made sure we had a good stay and the breakfast was really good. A very restful night's stay that I needed and I didn't have to deal with the snowy roads. I'd recommend it to anyone and will stay there if I ever need to stay close again due to the weather.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Danelle T
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at Towne Place Suites on our way to Texas. The staff were very friendly and seemed to go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Would have given a 5 rating except for a couple things: The bathroom doors were sliding doors with very cheap locks and in one of our rooms, you could not lock it. The WIFI was pretty slow and breakfast was limited and it a small area. It was pretty crowded when we were eating. Overall a great place and after our night's stay on the way to Texas, I reserved 2 rooms for our return trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am glad that we met your expectations. I apologize the pocket door did not lock. I will speak with our Chief Engineer and make sure we do a better job of inspecting the rooms prior to our guest arrival. Thanks again for staying with us and returning.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

After two mediocre and disappointing weeks at the Courtyard on the south side of 29th Street, I decided to check out the Towne Place on the north side. Wow. What an astounding difference. The Towne Place is markedly more well kept. Yes, the property seems to have been around for a while, but they clearly are striving to keep the entire site fresh and up to date. The rates are better than the Courtyard and there is no annoying 'Bistro' nonsense to nickel and dime you to death over a cup of yogurt. The rooms are larger and the beds are comfy. Above all, their staff is welcoming, engaging, and appreciative to have you stay as their valued guest. Perhaps, I'm just biased against hour long debates over rate codes at the Courtyard front desk. However, when you are genuinely welcomed as a Marriott Elite guest by the second sentence of a phone call, it does tend to stand out. Kudos to Chris at the front desk! Apparently, I'm not alone here. I have advised my company to send future travel here.

Room Tip: Request a room on the southwest side away from the highway for a quieter night's sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TexasVoyager_BW
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for a nice review of our property. I am sorry you did not have the same experience across the street. I also want to thank you for telling your company about your experience. I am pleased that you received the level of service that we strive everyday to achieve. We are very fortunate to have Chris as an employee. He is a huge part of why we do so well. Thanks for staying with us and feel free to stop by for yogurt anytime.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Have started coming to Wichita regularly for business. We have tried different hotels and so far this is the best hotel we have found for the money. Hotel staff was always friendly and more than willing to help. The hotel room was clean with plenty of room. Was not the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at BUT for the money you will not find a better room with better staff. Breakfast was typical of any hotel with cold cereal and fresh waffles. Would recommend to anyone looking for for a great deal on a room. Will be back again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hi Zachary W,

Thanks for your great response concerning your experience at our hotel. You had my favorite response which was you will be back. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.