“Comfy Place Away From Home”

TownePlace Suites Wichita East
Ranked #52 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Liberal
“Comfy Place Away From Home”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at TownePlace twice over the past couple weeks and am very happy with my stays. The people working at the front desk are great and are very welcoming, especially Chris who went out of his way to make the start of your stay a good one. The rooms are comfortable and have a kitchen and fridge in it if you want to cook. Wireless internet is good, which for some reason seems to be a problem at other places these days. The only down thing would be that the location is a little ways out there, but close to the highway to zip around town. Also, the breakfast is not great, basically just bagels and yogurt. With that said, I will be staying there next time I am in Wichita!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your great response of our hotel. It is always nice to hear about the great service our staff provides. I apologize the breakfast did not meet your needs. On the plus side beginning July 2015 TownePlace Suites will provide a hot item for breakfast. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were traveling through on a cross country move and I needed a hotel that would allow cats. From the moment I walked in to the time I left, each and every employee made me feel welcome and did whatever needed to make my stay enjoyable. Their recommendation for dinner was spot on. The rooms were comfortable and clean. If traveling through Wichita, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hi Pam,

Thanks for staying with us. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful staff. It is great to hear how you appreciated them. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were having our flooring replaced and I needed a place for the wife and dogs to spend the day and be out of the way. We've used this Townplace Suites in the past for such occasions. The hotel has always been clean and the rooms comfortable. The studio suite has adaquate room and a good mini kitchen with refrigerator and cook top. They also have a nice courtyard and gas grill.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Doug and Shelly,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. I'm also happy that your pet enjoyed it also. Thanks for stayin with us.
Kansas City, Mo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Always great retreat with spacious suite, good breakfast, great amenities, quiet comfortable room. Great location bars, restaurants, shopping close. Good trained friendly staff members who will make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Choose a room on upper floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SecondSisterKC
JedSchanz, Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us. It is nice to hear that we met your expectations. We look forward to the next time you are in Wichita.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed 4 nights at this property and was treated well by all staff. However, Chris Welborn went above and beyond the call of duty to help me with a computer issue so I could get my boarding passes printed out. He was also very friendly and conducted himself very professionally.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Raud H
Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. We are very fortunate to have someone like Chris. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know if there is something I can do for you.
Reviewed 7 February 2014

During a snow storm, I opted to stay at a hotel close to work instead of driving all the way home. They graciously gave us a discounted rate on our room because of the storm. The room was clean and well set up, breakfast was good, and all of the staff were so helpful and very professional. I will definitely refer others there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KansasAnn
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thanks for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad we were able to make the snowstorm a little easier to deal with. Sometime the snow makes it challenging for our staff. It is nice to know that we were still able to provide great service considering the weather. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Made a last minute decision to stay here overnight due to bad weather. They gave us a great deal and got us in quickly. The staff was very friendly and helpful. In the morning they made sure we had a good stay and the breakfast was really good. A very restful night's stay that I needed and I didn't have to deal with the snowy roads. I'd recommend it to anyone and will stay there if I ever need to stay close again due to the weather.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo