“Would definitely return!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
Austin, Texas
“Would definitely return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

We checked in with two teenage girls and a large dog. The room was clean and comfortable, and right at the end of the hall on the first floor so that we had easy access to outside. The staff was friendly and helpful, and breakfast was great! We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank dancinlibrarian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
South Bend, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

We had a king suite and it was very nice, clean and the only problem was the coffee pot was broken but the front desk brought a new one asap. The breakfast was a little lacking as we are used to fresh fruit and either sausage, ham or biscuits & gravy when we travel to florida.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nana&Boppa
KC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2009

I switched to Comfort Inn from other chains last year based on a reccomendation from a felow rep. I usually stayed at the Comfort Inn South in Wichita (see review). Anyway one day I picked up the other rep at this Comfort Inn and was very impressed with the service in the morning. So I tried this one myself.

There was no remote in my room. I asked the desk clerk and she said whe would have to go upstairs and look for one, and never did. The same clerk was on duty the next morning, I asked her again. When I got back that evening, NO remote!

There was hair and something spilled on the shower wall, which tells me they didn't clean the shower. The internet is so slow, I gave up. So while I have had some luck with these comfort Inns, I think they are way over priced for the poor service you receive.

• Liked — Easy Access, Brand Name
  • Disliked — Lack of customer service, Terriible Internet conncetion, unclean shower
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank cwalden
Bridgewater, nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2007

We were less than a minute from this hotel whe we called. The front desk clerk assured us that there are several available rooms so we should come in. We were 2 mins from the hotel. We got to the hotel, the woman completely ignored me, then grudingly asked "do you have a reservation." When I said no, without looking in the system, she said she was fully booked.

Suffice it to say I told her that that could not be the case because less than two minutes ago I called and she said to come in. After asking for the manager, the clerk said she might "need to look a little closer" and miraculously came up with a room. I got a room (which took forever), checked in, checked on-line tand fount out that the hotel had over 7 non-smoking and more than ten smoking rooms available. These rooms were still available when we checked out the next morning.

MINORITIES AVOID THIS HOTEL!! I complained to the franchisor and received a letter that each property was independently owned and operated.

• Liked — It was close to the highway. Called the hotel on impulse. Saw billboard
  • Disliked — Poor service
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank njgirl2020
Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2007

Very easy booking over Comfort Inn website. Easy to get to. Front desk staff very helpful, as we hadn't ate supper and wanted to order out. They gave us brochures of places to order. The kids wanted to go swimming and I went down w/ them. Oh my the chlorine was SO STRONG! The pool area was nice, but I couldn't stay in there very long. The kids were disappointed. The room was fine. Breakfast was good the next morning. Ample of everything.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family