“Candlewood”

Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast
Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great reasonably priced hotel.Clean modern rooms very comfortable.Liked being able to make a home cooked meal after most of time pretty ordinary diners & restaurants they have in US.Pretty good fitness room,well recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Crystal W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Hugh,

Thank you for taking the time out to rate our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and made use of the kitchen in your room. If there is anything that we could have done better during your stay, please reach out to me. We are always looking for ways to improve and WOW our guests.
Again thank you for your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Crystal W.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Def a great place -- couldn't believe how great for the price! Wish could have stayed longer. Arrived late , key waiting in lobby lock box , rooms fantastic ! Will def visit here again if in area . Thank u !

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mtaylor450
Reviewed 14 June 2014

If I need an extended stay in Wichita, this is the first place I check. Great budget hotel. Staff has always been friendly. Come prepared to feed yourself every meal. The rooms have great kitchenettes that have worked properly every stay and the hotel breakfast offering is minimal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Crystal W, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

LeoMcneil

Thank you for you comment. We are pleased that you enjoy your stay. If you stay here quite a bit let us know what kind of breakfast items that you would like to see and we will put them in our store.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is an extended stay facility. It is also a decent enough place for spending a night, just passing through (in my case). It is in a quiet enough part of town, easy enough to get to. There is a sports bar next door, which Candlewood Suites gives you a free appetizer coupon for. FYI-the sports bar closed at 10:00 on a Wednesday night.
Plenty of room in the bathroom, plenty of hot water too. There is no ice machine in the hallway, so checking in I was advised to run the icemaker in the freezer portion of the full sized refrigerator.
This hotel was well reviewed and pretty much on par as far as the price for lodging that may be located closer to Kansas Turnpike, I-135 or off Kellogg.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Roger R

Roger

Thank you for the nice review. We are happy that your stay was what you had expected. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed here several times when I am traveling alone. As a single female on these trips I have felt very comfortable here. They have great rates, however, don't expect any breakfast. They do have complementary coffee and also free washers and dryers. This is really a no frills place and all rooms have a single Queen Bed. I have also had a recliner in every room I've stayed in.

The room is very spacious and has a nice work area. There is a flat screen TV, full size fridge with ice maker, two burners for any cooking and dishwasher and microwave.

I've always had a comfortable bed here. Nice linens and towels. Their towels put some of the other hotels to shame.

My only complaint would be that I sometimes like to run the fan all night in my room for noise and they don't have just the fan option. You need either the heat or air on and then you can run the fan all the time. So I just need to get the temp that I want.

I'm fussy with the hotels I stay in and so far I have not been disappointed with this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank kc-opk
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked a room at this hotel based primarily upon price and recommended it to 3 coworkers. I arrived around 6:30 PM and was given a smoking room. I immediately went back to the front desk and asked for a non-smoking room, but was told there were none available. 20 minutes later a coworker checked in and got a non-smoking room (even though I had been told there were none left). 1 hour later another coworker was told that even though he had a reservation, they didn't have a room for him. At any halfway respectable hotel, this guest would have been given a free room at a comparable hotel. The Candlewood Suite made no attempt to resolve the situation or help him find another room elsewhere. Fortunately, the Wichita Inn had available rooms at an even better rate. At 11 PM, the 3rd coworker arrived and got a non-smoking room -- despite the fact that they told me there were none. I attempted to resolve my issue with the IHG website and they were no help either. The next morning, when I checked out, I explained that I was given a non-smoking room when I requested a smoking and that a coworker was not even given a room. The desk attendant was floored. She said they ended up with an empty non-smoking room that no one used that night and they had several reservations with no credit card on file, so the coworker (who had used a credit card to guarantee the room) should have gotten one of those rooms ---- especially since he checked in after 7 PM and the non-credit card guarantee guests still had not shown up. I was offered extra IHG Rewards points to make up for the horrible room I was given, but those never showed up in my account. My suggestion -- if you travel on business, book the Courtyard by Marriott instead since all of their rooms are non-smoking. If budget is more of an issue, book the Wichita Inn and save a few more bucks and get a much better property and morning doughnuts to boot.

Room Tip: Unless you are a smoker, skip this property entirely.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Justin C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Justin C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. WE are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. Unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at HI-GuestRelations@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a great room for the price. It is clean & the decor is updated. It is very spacious & the kitchenette comes in very handy. Only complaint I have is the bed. It was very uncomfortable & sloped in the middle & the pillows were hard. Also, we asked for a room at the back of the hotel & we got one in the front right on the highway, which we could hear all night. There is a great bar & grill right next door that we walked to. So overall, we were satisfied but I will check with them before I stay again just to see if they have got new beds.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple