“Chef Catur is outdoing himself”

Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ngaglik
Cary, North Carolina
“Chef Catur is outdoing himself”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have been a frequent guest of this hotel over last 10 years. I am amazed of the changing menu and different recipes that have been tried and served over the years. But this year in particular, the resident chef Catur is outdoing himself by introducing a lot of Asian flair from Indian and Arabian cuisine.

In addition, for the New Year Celebration, The Mexican Chicken Fajitas and Vegetarian Nachos were outstanding.

Keep up the good work Catur and I'll keep coming.

Must try to like it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We spent five days at the Hyatt in Yogya.

Our stay was ok. We were greeted upon arrival and checked into our room without the check in process standing out in any particular way.

Our room was quite spacious and again, just ok. Our issue with the room was that it was very dusty. My husband is sensitive to dust and started sneezing shortly after we entered the room. The big, thick curtains in particular look like they could use a clean or perhaps be exchanged for a new pair.

The staff were very kind and attentive and made us feel very welcome. At the restaurant they even addressed us by names a few times which was impressive.

We had several meals in the restaurant and enjoyed the food which was tasty and price worthy.

During our stay, we used the pool only once. Although I can understand the cleaning of the pool might not be as frequent when there are fewer guests using it, I was still a bit appalled by how dirty the water was.

Overall, we had an ok stay without the hotel standing out in any category.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
BANDUNG
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed there with my family. Consist of me , my little bro , my father , abd my mum. At first I fell in love with the design of the hotel , I thought our stay would be great. But , disaster began when we were checking in . SOME of the recepcionist staff weren't firndly to the local guests (include us). We were not given welcome drinks and welcome towel, while the foreigners guest were given that things. The coordination between the housekeepers and the recepcionist also not very good. We requested an extra bed when we checked in , but they said tgat they ran iut of extrabed . So , on the 2nd day we checked again our extra bed request . They said that they still dont uave any extra ved but they have some matress , so we requeat the matress ro be delivered to our room. At that time a receptionist staff said that the housekeeping is going to deliver the matress to our room. We waited for several hours , but the delivery havent come out yet , so we check our matress request to the housekeepers. At the time we checked it they said they ran out of matress. So on 2 nights of our
stay here , we ( all of us )sleept on a bed , which is not comfortable of course. Despite of the bad service on the recepsionist, the service at yhe restaurant and the healthclub are much better. The staffs there are friendlier. The food at the restaurant is also good. The breakfast is also in a high standard.

• Stayed December 2013
Timbuktu, Mali
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The grounds of this hotel set it apart from the rest in Yogyakarta. In the middle of a typical noisy Indonesian city, the Hyatt is spread out along a lush golf course so it's a very pleasant place to relax and unwind. The pools are huge and come complete with waterfall and a Borobudur-style waterslide. There's a separate building with the spa/sauna and an outdoor bar/restaurant overlooking the putting green which seems to have live music and DJs on various nights.

It is a bit far out of the city centre - 10-15mins by taxi depending on traffic. Although for me there wasn't much to see in the town after the shopping street and the palace, so if you're in JOG for relaxation or to see temples, the location is no problem.

The hotel is quite large, and the rooms are typical grand-but-dated Regency. My club room was quite large and had great views across the gardens. Turn-down service came with a fresh leaf with "Sweet Dreams" written on it on the pillow which I thought was a nice touch. The service is outstanding - all of the staff were very friendly and helpful and really made this a great stay. The club lounge was worth it, with the usual variety of cocktails and wines for 2 hours each evening and coffee and biscuits all day. Breakfast buffet is one of the best I've had in Asia with a huge variety of local and western choices, and a pleasant outdoor dining area overlooking the pool. The restaurant and bars had decent lunch and dinner menus at very good prices for a Hyatt.

The hotel also organizes tours and taxis, but if you're hiring a car and driver to see the temples, I'd recommend booking one from a travel agent in town, or agreeing a price with one of the airport taxi drivers who are much more reasonable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Up1ntheair
Jakarta
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel more than 3x and its always on a business trip (still with leisure). Location is quite far from Adi Sucipto airport and from the city. This hotel located in Jalan Palagan Tentara Pelajar and I think the reason behind this is for the comfort and land size that they provide for the golf course surrounding the hotel area.

Breakfast was Hyatt standard with broad food variety, from: local traditional food such as gudeg, fresh salad, fresh fruits, yoghurt, cereals, fresh milk, and also asian range. For ala carte I've tried their lamb shanks and I believe this is not the best but its still good.

Receptionist were good. Once, they've helped me, when hotel was fully booked and I needed to stay for 1 additional night they helped me search for available room. They were very helpful, they send me a very warm note through my door confirming that they can let me stay for another night with no problem. Hotel provide rental car, if you need a taxi there will be plenty. For food if you are adventurous there's a street satay in front of the hotel and on the right side of the hotel there's a local Pecel restaurant (local Indonesian salad with peanut sauce served with Indonesian spices). The restaurant is unique and its only 4 minutes away by walking. Interior is unique. . .

Cheeers. . .

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Singapore
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Decided to spend some family time together in JOG. This hotel is tuck in a huge lovely garden and big pool. The pool has a small slide and a large one for all family members. The food was great but to salty, so I recommend you get tell the staff to reduce the salt. They have a complimentary horse cart ride around the near by villages. Join the Ramayana nights where they serve great Javanese food and entertainment. Will come back again in Jan 2014.

Stayed December 2013
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Hyatt Regency Hotel is one of the very few 5 star hotel in Yogyakarta. The entry was breath taking, the public area are well appointed. We reserved two rooms with two single beds each for the four of us. The room rate included tax and tip and breakfast for two and WiFi was beyond being reasonable at around $100 per night.
The breakfast was good and had a good variety to choose from. the services were very good everywhere we went.
the rooms were very nice, comfortable and clean. The bath rooms are showing their age and con be a candidate for upgrading. At this price, we had no complains.

Room Tip: There is a limit on the free WiFi. Make sure you know the limit and not go over the allowed capacity...