“Serenity”

Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ngaglik
“Serenity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Yogyakarta is an amazing city in an amazing country. Totally worth visiting. Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta is the perfect place to stay while there.
Excellent is all I can say about the staff there and their services.
If you are interested in visiting the surroundings (and I suggest you do), they can organize it perfectly for you.
We had an amazing guide with us for one day, a private car with driver and included in the package were the lunch and dinner plus all the entry fees for the temples. I recommend this guide we had, Pundji. He is an old man, but his knowledge about culture and religion is overflowing. He speaks
English fluently and his way of interacting with the tourist is totally above professional and in the same time it captivates your mind and imagination and makes you want to find put more and more about the attraction your visiting. So thumb up for Pandji the best guide I ever met, and for the Resort for organizing it.

For relax and cultural experience, an extraordinary experience, I totally recommend Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta.

1 Thank MelaMelM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

From the moment you drive through the front gate you know you're in for a luxury experience. Lush gardens and water features everywhere! Being greeted with jasmine necklaces put me right in the mood to relax.
After a very quick check in we checked out our room, which was cool and most adequate. All the amenities are provided, but I liked the clarifying shampoo best, as my grey hair was starting to go green from too much swimming! Even though I went for another swim in the most fantastic pool. It had water slides, water falls and so many private places to swim and cool down.
The golf course nearby offers a great outlook - with rolling green hills and beautiful gardens. We checked out the health club and experienced the free hot spa and cold pool plunge, phew it was cold! One pond near the pools had fish you could catch with a fishing rod! I saw kids having a ball of fun.
The Club had exceptional cocktails and canapés, with a view over the pool area and golf course. Great staff, friendly and humble. We used the hotels restaurants for all of our meals, and the prices were very reasonable. I particularly appreciated how the restaurant Manager, on hearing I loved Rendang, asked the chef to specially make it for us. Wow it was the best Rendang I have ever eaten, and I've eaten hundreds of plates. We were very appreciative of this gesture, and there were many other examples of small things that made us feel at home.
The Hyatt is a great place to base yourself for trips the Burobodur, Merapi volcano and we went to indryianni restaurant (2 hour drive but what an experience to see country side), Prambanan, and the hotel provides free shuttle to Marlboro street for shopping, museums, palaces. I had fun on a few rickshaw rides, as I am a very big man. I am sure I was a funny sight for all to see.
I will be recommending Yogyakarta and the Grand Hyatt to all my friends and work colleagues in Australia. Thank you for every single staff member for making our time at your hotel so enjoyable and personable (everyone remembered our names!).

Room Tip: Club room has excellent extras such as breakfast, canapés cocktails. Ground floor rooms have easier...
1 Thank Ron E
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We loved this hotel. It was truly a retreat from the busy active city of Yogia. Felt completely pampered and loved their lounge as which we were able to access with Hyatt Diamond status (also available to Gold). Even without this, however the hotel is beautfully landscaped and peaceful and the staff goes above and beyond to make visitors feel completely taken care of. They were able to book us a trip to Boroburdur with 3:45 am departure time when we decided we wanted to go at 9 p.m the night before. They also have an amazing restaurant and breakfast buffet with foods and stations representing Indonesian cuisine as well as western and others. Some of the best food I sampled in Yogiakarta.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

12 unforgetable days. Very friendly and warm staff. Excellent food. High levels SPA treatment.
Room are very clean . Gardens are exotic style.Free transportation from the hotel to the
center of the city.You feel like home.

Brussels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had a great stay here. When I first arrived I was greeted with a necklace made from jasmine flowers. The grounds are beautiful and there is a nice view of the volcano. There are several swimming pools, including a water slide, and there is a golf course. The hotel has very nice amenities, including a free shuttle to the local shopping area, a free ride on the andok, you can also book a bicycle tour and they have a travel agency in site where you can book excursions or even just hire a driver. They also offer activities at an extra charge like a performance of the Ramayan ballet by the pool on Saturday nights. The room was a bit small but it was nice. The gym is ok, a couple of treadmills, and elliptical, a few weight machines and free weights. The food in the restaurant is good, and the breakfast buffet has a ton of options. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are coming to Yogyakarta, it is a beautiful oasis on the outskirts of the city.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Nanjing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel is located about 8 km from the centre of Yogjakarta and is a relaxing oasis in a hectic city. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the centre several times a day and it is easy to rent a car and driver from the hotel. The hotel grounds are well maintained and there are three pools, one with a fantastic water slide - ideal for children. What really makes this hotel is the staff - very friendly, courteous, helpful, warm and welcoming! Meals at the hotel are good value which is great if you don't want to go out in the evening after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Williamstown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

As for the property itself, only kudos. You do get the impression that it is beginning to tire just a little bit, but the care it is receiving is fantastic. The ground are sumptuous with flowers and shrubs that accent the pools, water/stone features, and sitting areas. All the time we spent outside, there were several groundskeepers meticulously maintaining the property.

The breakfast was as good and vast as we've ever encountered. Several "live" stations as well as all genres of buffet offerings (both local and western).

We had an executive room, and it was well-appointed and very comfortable.

But the best thing (among all good things) was the staff. We have stayed in innumerable high-end hotels all over the world and I have to say that the staff of this property was the friendliest we have ever encountered. I don't mean friendly in a goofy way, as "I want to be your friend," but in calling us by name pretty quickly once we checked in, a sincere greeting by everyone (seriously) that we encountered, and a desire to be of assistance. All with a smile.

In saying that, the description is true for many properties we've enjoyed, but there was just something about this that was different - perhaps more genuine, more consistent, whatever.

As just one example, we had purchased a shadow puppet and had it in protective cardboard that was too large for our suitcase. The executive lounge staff quickly organized packing tape, scissors, and all we needed for our project of re-fitting the cardboard around the puppet. Of course, that's not such a big deal, but it was the desire to get involved and help that was most appreciated.

I also appreciated the thoughtful way in which they addressed Ramadan, by not having alcohol on display but having it available for guests who wished it. That thoughtfulness speaks of the sensitivity that informed an outcome that addressed both concerns.

Maybe it's the nature of the Javanese, or maybe it's the culture that management has instilled at the property, but the staff made all the difference at this hotel, and we thank them very much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ngaglik
The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta - MGallery Collection
Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa
Eastparc Hotel
Eastparc Hotel
#1 of 20 in Depok

Been to Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta? Share your experiences!