“poor customer service”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Indianapolis, Indiana
“poor customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

On our way down to enjoy the bourbon trail we called to confirm our reservation only to be told they didn't have one. Not a big deal, we changed our route and ended up in Bardstown a day early. We went ahead and went to the hotel to see if they had rooms available. Checked in, hotel was nice and comfortable. Much to our surprise we were charged for Saturday night (the night we were told we DID NOT have reservations. I called to resolve this and Mr Patel informed me that when I checked out on Saturday morning I never mentioned the extra night. I explained that I had called Thursday and was told the reservation did not exist. Needless to say even though we paid for 2 rooms for Friday and someone at his hotel told me we didn't have reservations (I have the time stamped phone call) he would not budge on the fact that his hotel could possibly be in the wrong. We will be back in Bardstown but on just the lack of customer service I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Emily N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Seymour, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Bardstown over the Labor Day Weekend. It was such a nice, clean and friendly hotel. Allen Patel, the manager, was very hospitable and informative on the area. He was one of the nicest managers of any hotel we have ever stayed in. Thanks again, Allen. We will stay with you again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel because my usual budget choice was booked. This is a nice clean mid priced hotel. The breakfast was really good and had a nice variety of food. Its a little further from downtown Bardstown but has a lot of restaraunts and other stores nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We had the worst experience. We were placed in a room with an ozone machine. Then we where placed in another room that had the loudest fridge. The pillows were so very uncomfortable. To make matters worst I go down stairs 10 minutes until 9 and there was no breakfast, it was already picked up. This place is very overpriced, and made matters worst we couldn't even get breakfast. I never complain, but this was a waste of my money..We didn't sleep nor eat.I wrote corporate and they did nothing. Therefore, I decided to go on here since it wasn't rectified.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stormie2383
Allen P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
First of all we do apologize for any inconvenience you may had at our hotel but to start with the azone machine the guest previously stayed in that room spilled the water from the icebucket so we had the blower to dry out the carpet which your room was changed as soon as you came to the front desk and as long as breakfast rules apply we put up at 9 and we checked our security cameras which shows you were in the breakfast area 10 minutes after 9 and our staff usually still make our guest happy and provide them with eggs and toast or bagel or danish which is handy except waffles since the waffle machine takes time to warm up and about the complain at corporate we did send you the apology letter the very next day. We being human do mistakes and we have apologize to you several times and once again we are sorry for any inconvenience you had at our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Bardstown hotels

Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Friendly staff, nice pool, very comfortable room. They even let us park our bikes under the portico to keep them out of the weather. We'll stay there again sometime.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa W
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel for 3 years during the Kentucky Music Week Festival.
The staff is very courteous and accomodating. Have enjoyed our stay every time. The rooms are always clean and the breakfasts are good. It has always been quiet. Would reccomend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Ask for the accommodations needed needed for physical comfort.