“I gave it 1 star, only because it wouldn't let me give it 0.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bardstown
Bardstown Parkview Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Lowell, Michigan
“I gave it 1 star, only because it wouldn't let me give it 0.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spent one night at the Parkview Motel in July while visiting family in Bardstown.

We were greeted at the office by a woman with dirty nails and smoke breath. She gave us a room with 2 double beds for $80 +tax. No AAA offered, no military discount. I was honestly quite open-minded about the room in the beginning. We usually stay in a more name-brand type hotel, but this seemed more "historical" and old-timey so we thought it might be fun. They even have real keys, like in the olden days!

The room is definitely historical. Like, right out of the early 80's. The decor is terrible. The furniture is old. The room itself smelled musty and stale.

The bathroom was disgusting. The wallpaper and paint are peeling off the walls and the tile floor hasn't been cleaned in ages. The shower head is rusty and not flush with the wall. The bathtub doesn't fit (or wasn't fitted a million years ago), so when you step with your left foot, your right foot is pressed up. And when you step with your right foot, your left foot is raised. It's like surfing and it's basically impossible to stand flat-footed in the shower. The towels are tiny and stained and sort of crunchy from being so old.

The beds are older than I am and left me needing a chiropractic adjustment. I tossed and turned all night and just laid there with a spring in my back, wide awake, writing this review in my head. The best thing I can say about the beds is that I didn't see any bugs. Although I didn't really try to look, fearing I might actually find some.

They advertise "rooms with AC", but what this really means is that there is a window unit built into the wall in the back of the room. I never found that it cooled anything, but just sort of blew around the stale, smelly air.

There's an alarm clock in the room. The only reason I know this is because it went off at 4am. Thanks, housekeeping. Always nice waking up before the sun is out while on vacation.

The "continental breakfast" consisted of 2 plastic containers, one with pieces of bread wrapped in wax paper and the other with some plain donuts. There was a coffee machine with 4 different colored pots. I'm wasn't sure what the color code was all about, nor did I know in which order the coffee was made. I'm pretty sure I chose the oldest coffee.

My kids used the pool. It's one of those old cement pools with the fake grass wrap-around. There was a diving board once upon a time, that's been removed, leaving this steel pole half out of the ground. My kids were most impressed that the deep end was 10'. You never see that anymore.

On the plus side (yes, there's one), there was a newer flat-screen TV. My boyfriend was happy about that.

Overall, I think this motel is ridiculously overpriced for what you get and in desperate need of updates and repairs.

Room Tip: If you stay, avoid room 116.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank tracerobinso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hermann, Missouri
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We asked to see a room before we committed to the stay. No cars in parking lot except for one other that's why. The room was dated, but appeared very clean. Continental breakfast the next morning was not great at all-only offered coffee,juice a dry doughnut and piece of bread you could toast. We were told they would also have cereal, but didn't, not even any milk.Good thing McDonalds is right up the street. The air conditioning unit was a window unit in the back of the room and we were told when we looked at the room that it worked. Good thing it was not a very warm evening because it ran, but did not cool. When checking out the next day I told the lady at the office that I left it running so they could see it was not cooling and they could fix it before the hot summer months ahead. You would think since they were not very full they would have offered us one of the best rooms they had. Maybe they did?????

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cumeyer
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Parkview Motel was like stepping back in time to the 60's and 70's. It was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The decor is very dated but what matters is how clean it is. The TV's are new slim screen. It was nice having a mini fridge in the room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Parkview for one night.Tired ,after visiting bourbon distilleries ,we decide to try this little motel.o well,that was big disappointment.room was smelly,beds uncomfortable and furniture and carpets very old.that was party in room below for all night,loud music and screaming.breakfast was a joke,old doughnuts,some orange juice and coffee.we definitely NOT gonna be back

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ivonna K

Travellers are raving about these Bardstown hotels

Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Last minute plans had us wanting to stay in Bardstown. Best western was full and parkway was recommended. It was clean, but toilet didn't work. The breakfast should not really be offered as it was not in an appealing location and consisted of little Debbie Danishes, coffee & juice. We were told that the beds were queen, but they were double. I wouldn't hesitate staying there again though as Bardstown was a very nice little town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank thejettsetters
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I am once again choosing hotels for the Bardstown Bourbon festival and this one is last on my list. Bathroom had mold, beds had chiggers, and the entire room was from back in the 60's. I will pay more for cleanliness and peace of mind.

Room Tip: opt for a B&B
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Tonya T
new jersey
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just came back from Bardstown, Ky. and would not hesitate to stay at the Bardstown Parkview Motel again. This is a small, no frills motel that is just what I was looking for this time. It is located in an area with easy access to Bardstown downtown and a few strip malls (Walgreens, McDonalds) ; however, it is not a busy place. It is a quiet home away from home which has probably not seen much change over the years….and it shouldn't. Spotlessly clean with beds more comfortable than I've found in way more expensive big city hotels. At breakfast I had a chat with a delightful woman who is responsible for maintenance. It was clear to me that she loved her job and took great pride in keeping the place just right for its guests. (A few more choices at the breakfast buffet and this might have been a five star!) I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Bardstown and hope to return again…and I will be staying right at the Parkview!

Room Tip: I had room facing the front road and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank motown47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
#5 of 17 in Elizabethtown
Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
#1 of 17 in Elizabethtown

Been to Bardstown Parkview Motel? Share your experiences!