“Who gave this motel a good review?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bardstown
Bardstown Parkview Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Reviewed 11 November 2009

The question in the header is serious - how can anybody in their right mind give this hotel even an average review?

We were there on the last weekend of October 2009, two couples, for one night. We thought "well let's go for something other than the usual chains (they have a Days Inn in Bardstown)". WRONG.

Rooms were last updated - NEVER. All furniture, appliances (oh yes, b/c we had a "suite"...), carpets, etc were from the early 1960's, approximately. Everything was old and had a very bad smell to it. To tell you the truth three of us were so disgusted by the bathroom (equally old and raggedy) that we skipped the morning shower altogether... The so-called continental breakfast consisted of toast, cheerios, coffee, milk (which would be borderline acceptable), all served in one of the rooms turned into a "breakfast room". The fridges were all completely unsanitary. You guessed, we skipped "breakfast" as well.

Why am I giving it even 2 stars? First, the price was decent ($48 per room) and second the lady operating it was nice. But that is not enough. This place needs to be entirely rehabbed and gutted before you can call it a motel!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank zsuzsska1

Reviewed 18 September 2009

We stayed here for two nights while at the Kentucky Bourbon Festival. I admit - I usually stay at chain hotels, and was slightly nervous about staying at a 'motel'. However, my fears were unnecessary - this hotel had a great rate, it is very clean, and in a great location. The grounds are very well kept - they have cute outdoor sitting areas everywhere, along with a nice pool area. Breakfast is probably not what an average overeating American would consider to be great, but I loved it and thought it was plentiful enough to start my day (there was toast, coffee, OJ, assorted cereals, and donuts - since I always eat just toast or cereal, I was happy). The staff is friendly, the location is just perfect, and they also have a cute restaurant on the property. This place isn't the Ritz or anything, but I will definitely be staying here again next year for KY Bourbon Fest, and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Stayed one night at Parkview Motel. This is across the street from the Steven Foster State Park and the musical. The motel is clean and a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2009

I stayed at the Bardstown Parkview Motel in early March 2009 while touring the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Our group had 4 rooms total (3 traditional rooms, 1 efficiency suite).

The exterior of the building is more impressive than most motels. The building is two floors, with big white columns, a large front lawn with trees, plus there is a state park across the street… not too bad! The pool was out of commission, and I never made it to “Daddy Kurtz's Korner Lounge”.

Rooms and facilities are pretty standard motel fare. Dark and dingy rooms… beds with thick comforters that probably aren’t washed frequently… bathrooms with no toiletries supplied and drains that back up while you are taking a shower… surly housekeeping staff that smokes while cleaning the rooms… that sort of thing. A colleague of mine said that he felt like a private detective staying at this motel. I couldn’t agree more.

Be sure to visit Kurtz’s Restaurant (same owners, parking lot) for true Kentucky-fried chicken. Great food and very friendly staff. I would not advise the free continental breakfast (white bread, cereal, and frozen orange juice).

Overall, the Parkview Motel is a good spot to stay while exploring the KY Bourbon Trail.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank sinaasappelsap
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
Best Western Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 8 in Shepherdsville
Bourbon Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to Bardstown Parkview Motel? Share your experiences!