“Good Korean food”

Okina Sushi
Ranked #26 of 80 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

If your looking for good Korean food in Kentucky this is the place. Beef bulgogi and hot crispy fish were excellent.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My Son & Daughter & my Sister & I ate Supper there last night to Celebrate 2 Birthdays...The Service & Food were excellent--the Bill was reasonable...Our Server (may have been the Owner) was very Attentive & Accommodating--but quietly so--not Intrusive...
My "Sunday Morning" Sushi with Salmon, cream cheese, Avocado & green Onion--lightly deep fried was Super! As was my side Salad with flavorful Ginger "House" Dressing....My Sister got Fish & Chips; my Son got Calamari, my Daughter got a seaweed Salad & Sushi (I'm not sure what)...All Excellent!...

Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant by some good friends. I was blown away by the food. It was excellent! I'm planning on going back again this week. In my opinion it's one of the best places to eat in Bardstown!!!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The food was very good quality. Prices are reasonable and the service is good. The menu is complete and the food is authentic both Korean and Japanese.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

From the outside, Okina looks like an average strip mall storefront with dark tinted windows; hard to tell what to expect until you go inside the restaurant. Inside it is bright and clean, and the staff immediately greet you, even if you are at opposite ends of the room from one another. You can either order off of the Japanese/Korean dinner entree menu, or the sushi bar menu. I decided on the sushi menu, and ordered a couple of rolls. Nothing too exotic, because I wanted to see how the chef presented himself on items that I could mentally compare to other sushi bars. The rainbow roll was nicely prepared, with fresh fish that was cleanly cut (i.e., no tears of ripping of the flesh), and flavorful (no old fishy taste or smells). The spider roll was also nicely done; the batter was light, airy, and crispy, without any heavy oily taste. Overall, a well-done execution of some standard sushi items. I sat next to a Japanese couple, and they ordered a wider variety of food, including a chirashi bowl of mixed sashimi over rice, seaweed salad, miso soup, and a big hot bowl of udon noodle soup. It all looked really good, and they were satisfied with the taste and quality of their meal. Prices were typical for a mid-tier sushi bar, and the quality of the food and service easily met and surpassed that level, so I'm a happy camper.