“Great food on the Bourbon Trail”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bourbon City Bistro - CLOSED

Bourbon City Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Jeffersontown, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food on the Bourbon Trail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stopped here on the Bourbon Trail. Great lunch! Try the Spicy Italian Sandwich. Wash it down with a local brew or a choice of several other draft beers.

• Visited March 2014

Midway, Kentucky
“It all changed this weekend....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was a big fan of Bourbon City Bistro - recommending it to many of my friends - until this weekend. To my surprise, everything changed, and not for the better. The service is still good and the people are friendly but they introduced a new menu this weekend. No more of the food that made this place great. To give you an idea, no more hamburgers (as seen in their picture next to their tripadvisor name), no more hot browns, appetizers are all different and you only get one choice of salad dressing - Italian. I asked for it on the side, nope, "all salad is pre-made with Italian on it." Really????. I did have a hint of hope when they brought out the fresh bread but the dipping sauce was inconsistant - ugh. I really loved this place but they made too drastic of a change and will have an uphill battle to save their business. Forget all the tripadvisor posts prior to this weekend - food has changed. Still good service but I won't be back and won't recommend it anymore. Find someplace else is what I recommend.

• Visited February 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“our little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

we found this place by random chance and it's become 'our place' We love it. Prime rib and Steak is wondeful. Their Italian Wedding soup is some of the best I've ever had. Friendly service and love the fire pits outside

• Visited October 2013
“Would not recommend.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

The wine was the worst I have ever had. The salad was warm and prime rib was not the best. The server was great.

• Visited December 2013
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

A cousin in Bardstown took a few of us to this restaurant and I was so impressed. I have been back a few times since and the food is consistently good and the portions are EXTREMELY GENEROUS. I noticed on one of my visits that they had a party room so when my Mom's birthday rolled around I suggested that we have it there. I called and reserved the private dining room and about twenty family members showed up, a few with small children. The service was great and the food was once again excellent even though they were serving a large group. Everyone in my family was impressed and they all agreed that they wanted to use this place again for any family functions that we may have. This is the first time that five of us siblings agreed on a restaurant!

• Visited December 2013